A sad day....

alexander72

Hi folks,  

One of my best friends lost his wife to cancer last night, she was such a gorgeous, attentive, caring person you ever wish to meet.  Sadly taken from us by Bowel Cancer at 46 years of age.  Only comfort is she saw her son's 18th and passed in her sleep.

Why does this hateful disease afflict the nicest people??

I am gutted for her partner, lovely Son and all her family and friends.  

I'm typing this as a means of releasing some of my grief before I go and sit with my mate tonight.

If you think you have IBS or your tummy isnt right - please got to the doctors and get checked out.

All the best and god bless

James (Alexander72)

Sorry for your loss, it's always the memmories we leave with people that they cherish and remember us by.

Feel for you and all her family James.

Most of us have been what you're going through.

Please pass all our condolences to you friend and his family.

That is a cruelly young age. I am sorry to hear about this young lady and all the others who do not deserve such a fate. :down:

Sincere condolences to you and to her family, James. :(

Family friend of many years just had an op last week to remove a cancerous growth blocking his bowel and was just transferred to a convalescence hospital for chemo and radiotherapy. He too had IBS and didn't get an accurate diagnosis for four years - now they're saying it's probably spread and too late, all the can do is contain, limit and prolong, but not cure.  Thank goodness for MacMillan nurses.

Hope they can celebrate her life and remember her in happier times in due course.  Bless them all.

MemSec, MOTCO, , Norm Verona, all gents - thanks for your kind sentiments - i feel a bit better now.

I was having a top day today, 9 mature silver birches to deadwood in a village, 60 foot up, strong wind blowing the tree, a tough climb but the sun was shining and I could really hear the wind in the tree's.  Wind is just wind until it threads through the canopy of a tree... then you can really hear it, and see it in the twigs, and feel it on your line....

One of those days when in my job your are thinking of calling it off as the tree bends and flexes onto your saw.  A bl++dy top day.... sun out, no rain, cuts going well, lokking ofrward to lunch at half ten...until my phone rang at 9:54am

I have just lost a good friend to bowel cancer as well, whats more another work friend who is 54 and fit as a fiddle normally is struggling with cancer of the prostrate and that has spread, as it often does. As you say always to the nicest people.

Sootie.... cheers mate.  All you folks with little cars like mine are great people.   :yes: 

Sincere condolances James, glad to hear you will be there for your friend, he couldn't have a better M8 to help him through the tough times.

• Like 1

so very sorry to hear this fella, it is always the best ones :down: there isnt really much to say, but i hope taht this hard time can be as easy as possible for your friend and everyone else around him :down: 

Echoz, Nick Algar, Marty Blues, Mike F, Soot, THANKS AGAIN to you all for the kind posts of support. MemSec - your PM meant a lot to me - thank you Sir, you are a friend in this dark hour.

I called my buddy and said "shall I bring that St Emillion, we could sit by the fire"....... he said "the last place i want to be is indoors...Pub?" 

So We are all going to the pub to raise a glass to our departed friend..... we will leave the car at home, and likely leave the lorry and the chainsaws in the barn tomorrow.... i think it will be a late one...

Thanks again folks,  

James  :)

• Like 1