Keevil, 22nd September

adhawkins

And what was wrong with my link exactly?  :angry:

:D

Hold on, yours says 'Showers', whereas the BBC reckon 'Sunny spells'.

Shurely shome mishtake? ;). Let's hope the BBC are right :)

Andy

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adhawkins

• studbuckle

• Chris.B

• Tony Sighe

True, but I don't fancy having to take a bucket to bail out my footwells ;)

And it is my first go...at least let me get used to it in the dry!

Roll on Monday ;)

Andy

My first track day (at Hullavington June 6th) was in pouring rain.  I was driving, looking at the track through 3 layers of water:  Outside windscreen, inside windscreen, ouside visor.  I found the only way I could see the track was looking at 45 degrees left or right of the windscreen!!  Still the tyres din't get much wear.

:)

I remember driving to work that day thinking 'I nearly booked on an airfield day today!' ;)

Dry would be good as far as I'm concerned ;) Or at least, rain the night before but not while we're actually there.

Some of the best fun I ever had when karting was on a drying track on slicks. Great fun :). Watching the lap timer recording high 50 second laps, then dropping lower and lower each time before getting back down to a 'sensible' 38 sec lap was cool :cool:

Andy

Andy must've taken today serious, because he didn't have a drop to drink last night, and that's unusual for him!

He had to be at Tony's place at 8am. Usually, I have to kick him (Andy, not Tony) out of bed to make sure he gets to work, but today.... well he was just like a big kid at Christmas! Very excited!  :)

So excited, that he forgot that we are adults, and that we've taken on an adult's responsibilties, and that we own a house....that has a front door....that needs LOCKING before we go out! Nothing's been stolen as far as I can see. :durr:

I haven't seen him this afternoon. I wonder how wide his grin will be.

I may as well spill the beans....by lunchtime, he'd spun once (he did blame that one on Tony who was with him in the car at the time  :p ), and he'd gone off once too. Will he admit to any others??

What was that about the weather?

Taking the car for spin!!! :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

No fair weather driving moans expected I hope!!!

Leave him a bucket sponge and towel outside the front door!!

Dave :p

I didn't blame the spin on Tony, I just told you he was in the car with me. It was Tony frantically trying to get me to brake ;). And 'going off' doesn't entail much except using a bit of the runway I wasn't supposed to ;).

Had an excellent day, shame about the weather. We'll have to work out who the 'Rain God' is...the last two airfield days attended by the WSCC down here have been very wet!

Hey, and who wouldn't be excited? Roll on next summer :D

And the car can wait for its bath ;). I needed one myself.

Andy

I never expected anything less :)

Great fun showing all those namby-pamby Porsche / BMW drivers how a real car goes. ;)

Look forward to seeing some of the photographs, about time I got an 'action' avatar! :D

Andy