Keevil, 22nd September

adhawkins

Hi all,

Well, I've done it now. Me and the Westy are booked for Keevil on 22nd September.

Who else is coming?

Any tips for a 'virgin'? :D

Andy

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adhawkins

• studbuckle

• Chris.B

• Tony Sighe

Almost certainly going - provided my new manifold arrives (due next week).  Speaking to some of the Chelt & Glos boys at Castle Combe over the weekend, a few of those are planning to go too.

Odd, I was at Combe too...our paths just mustn't have crossed :)

I'm fairly sure Tony is going, not sure who else.

Andy

I was on the Bath & Bristol / Chelt & Glos WSCC stand from 8:45 until about 4pm with my two young sons & dark green SpeedSport.  Out on the track for 3 sessions - one of which was when the two nutters in the chipped Cosworths were sideways on most corners :angry:

Ah yes, I remember your car now. Were you having a discussion with your son about him bending the boot box cover by sitting on it? :)

Andy

Yes that was me.  I've got  aluminium sheeting over the boot box hole & my youngest was sitting on it !

See you at Keevil - hope it's dryer than the Hullavington June 6th day.

Well, if you'd rather go and watch horses prancing around the NEC...

The invite is still open. Even if you just come along in my car...

Andy

Hi Andy,

Yes! I've booked too & will be there with a few others from the area. I want to promote the event a bit more so I'll add it as a seperate topic with details about booking etc.

Should be a great day !! (Weather permitting!;).

Are we travelling down in convoy?

PS - I'd like to add an image to my replies etc. Please could you host a pic for me?

e you soon

Tony :t-up:

Yep, check out the thread in my sig. You'll need to upgrade your membership on the boardrooms though (follow this link).

As for convoy, distinctly possible. What time do they normally start?

Andy

I'm going - driving down from Worcester (anyone else from around here going?).  Echo what he said about the weather - Hullavington was bl**** wet.

Good to see a few Westies booking as when I booked there was only me + 1.

Andy - your car will do less than 10mpg on the track so make sure it's full and also take a can.  Worth checking tightness of crucial nuts as well - on my first airfield day I saw someone's bottom ball joint nuts come undone.

Andy - your car will do less than 10mpg on the track so make sure it's full and also take a can.  Worth checking tightness of crucial nuts as well - on my first airfield day I saw someone's bottom ball joint nuts come undone.

I just want you to know that I'm _not_ coming down to Keevil to pick you up cos something's gone wrong  :p

Just you wait flower.  :love:

I'll get an 'Official Support Vehicle' sticker made up for your Fiesta, then you'll have to come! :)

Oh, Tony? Got a spare few hours one weekend to give my car a once over with me? :D You did offer to give my gearbox a look...

Andy

Hi Andy,

Stuart makes a good point!

Always, always do a full nut & bolt check before any speed event. Tyre pressures also crucial.

I found a few things wrong/loose with mine before combe last week - including a broken alternator bracket!

Bring your car around to mine and I'll check it over with you - also check out that gearbox.

Send me a conventional email or phone to arrange a date! (Welsh Wizard need not get jealous!;)

See you soon

Tony

:cool: