1st Westie....in at the deep end!

Jontysafe

Glad your back on the road and enjoying it. Popping out for a quick spin is bound to become a bit of a habit with the sound of that exhaust note and turbo. If you overtake a blue narrow around hungerford wave as that will be me :-)

John glad its all sorted mate, hopefully things will be sweet for you from now fingers crossed anyway time to enjoy it mate....

Rob

Absolutely Rob, there will always be tweeks but just going to enjoy the last of the sun while I'm in the UK. Well apart from tomorrow in Brussels!

When you back then Jonty, bet you can't wait for that run? If you're around how's about a trip to Gurston for 8th Sept? Few local members having a run up there with I believe 6 of us competing, my first go :oops:

Hello there,

saw your lovely car at Gurston, you weren`t near to say hello to. Couldn`t stay long as had my wife and son with me. Wife is 3 months pregnant and she can`t seem to be away from food too long!

A massive buzz, I had fun with traction so you'll be having a ball. Great place, friendly people and I've got lots to learn so I'm definitely up for it next year

• Like 1

You were running toyo tyres if I remember rightly? Is it just the actual surface there that's to blame? I noticed no one was using tyre warmers? Would probably go cold before run in staging area though. You saw quite some improvement in times through your runs though I see.

I was on 175 13s Avon CR 500s, but I'm not looking for excuses I'm totally to blame as a newbie learning how much grip and where it is, where to bury it etc. it's a nice Tarmac surface that looked nice and shiny after the rain, he he. I'm sure I read in the blue book that tyre warmers aren't allowed hence we're all in the same boat. I was pleased with my first day's competition and looking fwd to next season :d

Correct, tyre warmers aren't allowed in the vast majority of clubman Motorsport events as far as I can see.

jonty, with 550 BHP u will need tyre coolers mate.  I find the massive power of my cross flow warms my tyres up a treat... :d

I have a feeling the initial BHP may have been slightly overstated! I think I`m running closer to 400bhp than 500bhp as I`ve just left the boost at 1.3 bar. I have no idea really though.

Next year could well see a few more developments!