Bassingbourne

JasonR

Nice to see you all today.  Cracking day.  Oh and that caged Caterham that was whizzing round turned out to be an ex endurance racing vauxhall, with a conservative and very torquey 200bhp.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chumley-warner

• JasonR

• cng1

• wookie

Good to see you all yesterday. Special thanks to Jason for giving me a ride around the track since I was not actually participating. I will next time! Here he is after his first outing.

jason.jpg

Also thanks to Steve and (apols if I don't remember right) Angela? and his flame throwing Megabusa. Apparently 165 BHP is not enough and is likely to be doubled over the next few weeks with a mixture of supercharging and nitrous.......even bigger flames I hope!

megabusa.jpg

This Dax is apparently running 370 bhp 4wd and all the toys! The owner was on his first day out so was understandably (spelling!;) timid..... it will no doubt get a lot faster!

dax.jpg

My favourite. This Cobra made a fabulous noise and had what I aspire to add to my V8 - a dirty great chrome air filter only I would prefer mine to be exposed. Not the fastest, but in my opinion the prettiest!

cobra.jpg

Last but not least here a pic (I think) of peterpeter's pinto powerd car. The "caped crusader" in my opinion was one of the fastest guys out there and the faster he went the more his hood came over the top of his helmet. He his is chewing the fat with his MX5 mate and Jason.

pinto.jpg

I had a really good day, shame one of my cycle wing bracket snapped later on in the day.  Hope everybody else enjoyed it :D:d

Thanks for putting the pictures up chumley-warner, hope you got to the wedding on time! Did you get any decent ones of my car on track?

Cheers Steve for helping me sort out my snapped cycle wing bracket, your mates very tidy gaffer tape fix held up OK for a couple of sessions on track and a 80 mile drive home.

What a day, I like bassingbourn more and more. Lots of little twisties and two nice straights to get past tin tops if they don't move over. Seems to be getting more and more popular with kit cars and there was a good westfield turn out.

First time with anti roll bars and slicks, car was awesome, couldn't loose it no matter how hard I tried. Had two mates in Dax's, both running over 330bhp, flamed past them like every else. Never going back to normal tyres.

Now loose the car tomorrow for 2 weeks to TTS, they will work their magic and over double my power. Can't wait.

Pictures of cars on track can be found at  My Megabusa Website

Will try and get some video up on site soon.

Mr chumley-warner did you get that lovely looking car sound tested while you were there, cause it sounded lovely and loud. Hope to see you running it round the track next time.

Hope to see you all again next time at bassingbourn weather permitting.

Steve

PS anybody want full size/quality pics from the site, let me know which numbers and your email and I will send when I get a chance.

First time with anti roll bars and slicks, car was awesome, couldn't loose it no matter how hard I tried. Had two mates in Dax's, both running over 330bhp, flamed past them like every else. Never going back to normal tyres.

Now loose the car tomorrow for 2 weeks to TTS, they will work their magic and over double my power. Can't wait.

Mr chumley-warner did you get that lovely looking car sound tested while you were there, cause it sounded lovely and loud. Hope to see you running it round the track next time.

Do you have some contact details for TTS I am thinking about supercharging the V8. Do you think I could get 500bhp out of it without blowing anything up?

I did not get it tested, but like yours with those big pipes on it, it is pretty quiet at idle and all the real noise is induction. I didn't see anyone getting tested at all.....guess I am not very observant....

Chumley

They didn't noice test on the day, altough they have in the past.  I think they had a nosie meter there as I saw them testing a Caterham, not sure if it was a spot check or if the owner asked for it to be checked as I am sure it didn't seem too loud.

The limit at Bassingbourne is 103db at 3/4 max rpm, unfortunalty if you are over the limit you are not alllowed to play :( .  To give you an idea my car normally tests at 98-100db. Yours did sound quite loud :)

The Cobra replica was either being driven gingerly or was dead slow.  Steve in the busa was the quickest thing out there that I saw, god knows what he'll do with more power.

Chumley you don't really want to go for a supercharger.  In many ways power is the enemy until you've fully mastered the car, it definately won't make you any faster till you've got hold of it.

While Bassingbourn is brilliant for some cheap fun it really doesn't compare to a proper circuit.

It was a top day, well worth a laugh, had a bit of sideways action as well!!!!!!!!, good cheap way to get to learn about your car, if your new to rear wheel driving, and without pranging it in to any road furniture......top day was had, whens the next one there?

It was a top day, well worth a laugh, had a bit of sideways action as well!!!!!!!!, good cheap way to get to learn about your car, if your new to rear wheel driving, and without pranging it in to any road furniture......top day was had, whens the next one there?

18th October - I hope the weather is as good as it was last time. I would hope to be there and running this time!

Mr Chumley Warner