Build yourself a Westfield (another build thread) but with a difference

Mark (smokey mow)

Impressive stuff.

I think WSCC should commission a few hundred sheets for this years Stoneleigh ;)

top work smokey, i assumed incorrectly that someone had purchased this as s xmas present for you.

Top idea re stoneleigh, how many kids would take it home bugging dad to build a westfield! :)

Great idea  :t-up:

If this is something that the committee would like to do then I'd be more than happy to oblige and give them the drawings :)

A full size 1:1 scale car on display at Stoneleigh or even being assembled on the stands would be cool  :)  :t-up:

A full size 1:1 scale car on display at Stoneleigh or even being assembled on the stands would be cool  :)  :t-up:

My measly Epson only prints up to A4 :d i think 1:1 scale would be asking a bit much of it :oops::d

Although it would be quite cool :cool: much like James May's full size Airfix spitfire :laugh:

Actually, having it available for download prior to Stoneleigh so members could make them in advance, with a best in show contest, would be pretty nifty.

I would have thought a few bob could be put into the clubs coffers by selling them for £5.99 each.

I'm sure it wouldn't take long to write up an instruction sheet to go with it.

• Like 1

I'm sure it wouldn't take long to write up an instruction sheet to go with it.

Keep watching this thread :d the build is to follow :laugh:

I would have thought a few bob could be put into the clubs coffers by selling them for £5.99 each.
i can't sell them... I'd have to do 1000's to recoup the cost of trade membership :laugh: bulk buy anyone :d:oops:

mark, no problem, you sell them to me and I'll sell them.   :)

My measly Epson only prints up to A4 :d i think 1:1 scale would be asking a bit much of it :oops::d Although it would be quite cool :cool: much like James May's full size Airfix spitfire :laugh:

I have access to an AO printer at work If you can get full size templates to me in dwg format I could print in paper and it could be mounted onto card for assembly..  :)  If it ends up a go-er with yourself and Stoneleigh organisers let me know and I'll sort it   :)  sounds cool    :t-up:

Sorry if I'm being thick but why Stoneliegh organisers?

Or do you mean the organisers for the club stand at Stoneleigh.

• Like 1

I have access to an AO printer at work If you can get full size templates to me in dwg format I could print in paper and it could be mounted onto card for assembly..  :)  If it ends up a go-er with yourself and Stoneleigh organisers let me know and I'll sort it   :)  sounds cool    :t-up:

:t-up: The CAD's are all in dwg format, the final colouring is all done as a graphics file in either tif or png. 

let see how it turns out :laugh:

To steer this thread back onto topic again :laugh:when I left it last night the 2D drawings were completed and neetly nested onto a sheet of A4 paper using Draftsight.  To avoid spoiling the suprise I'll avoid showing you the complete sheet just yet :d

At this stage the drawings were still in black and white, so the next step was to add a bit of colour to them.  To preserve the image quality I converted the dwg CAD files to image tif files so I could open them in a photo/grapics program.  After a brief effort with photoshop, in the end it was good old Microsoft Paint that won through as the quickest and easiest for the job :laugh: quick and easy with the flood fill button :yes:

Paintcolouring-1.jpg

On to the build :cool:

For this you'll need a good pair of sharp sissors, a craft knife, glue and selotape.  

After a couple of try's I found that printing on 170g/m2 paper offered the best all round compromise between ease of folding and rigidity of the model.  

First job after printing is to cut out each of the parts, don't use a craft knife near the dining room table or you'll get in trouble :laugh: here are the two halves of a front wheel.

ca033ad1a7f33a680eabb4c198a59620.jpg

The tabs are bent back to take the cycle wing, short tabs to the outside and the longer tabs to the inside of the wheels.

52a214fb3b1864cb165fa7610e9b95a9.jpg

These are then glued together and set aside on the radiator :d for the glue to dry.

03abc3278ef03aae2c1d2633e88ac887.jpg