Build yourself a Westfield (another build thread) but with a difference

Mark (smokey mow)

With the 3D renders completed, the next step was to lay out all the surfaces so they could be printed out and assembled into a model, in this case at 1:20th scale.  Before cutting the position of the assembly tabs for gluing were sketched onto the drawing by hand.  Once assembled the details were then sketched onto the bodywork for the roll bar, wishbones, lights etc.

ca176c1fce544561462c8a21300299d1.jpg

1606c154437c9df4fdca4f5827a4605a.jpg

Smokey..do you do kids parties ?My kds would love this and balloons are so `last season`..

PMSL :d

With the built up model completed and the position of all the tabs and graphics determined, it was back to the drawing board (or CAD terminal) to make the updates.  SolidWorks whist being great for 3D CAD work and production of fabrication drawings, I'm pretty certain the programmers didn't have paper craft in mind when they wrote to software ???:oops: For ease I therefore exported the surface shapes to Draftsight which is a 2D CAD package with similar functionally to that of AutoCAD, this is much more amenable to "sketching" details.

Draftsight.jpg

Stay tuned tomorrow when the final build will commence........ :t-up:

Impressive stuff.

I think WSCC should commission a few hundred sheets for this years Stoneleigh ;)

Impressive stuff.

I think WSCC should commission a few hundred sheets for this years Stoneleigh ;)

top work smokey, i assumed incorrectly that someone had purchased this as s xmas present for you.

Top idea re stoneleigh, how many kids would take it home bugging dad to build a westfield! :)

Impressive stuff.

Great idea  :t-up:

Some people are far too clever  :)

I just wouldn't have the patience to do that, let alone the skill.

Well done Smokey-one-konobi.

Well done Mark, impressive................. :yes:

As you have so much spare time would you mind clearing the snow from my drive for me. :d  :d :d  :d  :d  :d  :d  :d  :d  

More snow is forecast mark, so you'd better get back indoors and knock up a wide, with swept wings :) Probably need 2 sheets of paper though :(

Being serious, that is impressive.

Ben

More snow is forecast mark, so you'd better get back indoors and knock up a wide, with swept wings :) Probably need 2 sheets of paper though :(

Being serious, that is impressive.

Ben

I've just finished drawing a double bubble aero screen so clam wings will be next on my list :)

Is this the "secret" project you were referring to at the last meet........... :p

Is this the "secret" project you were referring to at the last meet........... :p

oh no, that's something entirely different :oops: