New Year's Membership Renewal Reminder

Captain Colonial

Scott I got a different problem.  I didn't know Paypal auto-subscription existed so I paid manually on 10th December when i got the reminder - then Paypal automatically took it again yesterday.  So I have paid twice!  Can you refund the second payment please?

I did exactly the same - doh!   :bangshead:  Scott is going to look inito it this morning for me.

UPDATE: Scott has just confirmed my double payment and a reimbursement is on its way! Thanks Scott! :t-up:

Scott I got a different problem.  I didn't know Paypal auto-subscription existed so I paid manually on 10th December when i got the reminder - then Paypal automatically took it again yesterday.  So I have paid twice!  Can you refund the second payment please?

Hi Stuart

Yep, same as bombero's situation - I've requested the treasurer do a refund for you ASAP and to inform me when it's done so I can tell you.  I'd advise you and everyone else to turn the PayPal auto subscription payment off as per my other comments earlier in this thread, as most people won't remember it's turned on next year.  Hell, I can't remember what I had for dinner last night!

So, what did you have for dinner last night?

Being serious, since Lynne's 16 day coma a year ago, she can't remember anything. She'll spend an hour preparing the evening meal and pop it in the oven. 5 minutes later I'll wander in and ask "what do we have for tea?" She can't remember!

OK....

Just checked thanks to Scott's other thread; I've had two subscriptions taken automatically! (Had a problem last year while payng by PayPal and it went through twice. It's obviously set up two auto subscriptions).

The scary thing is, I remember looking last year after the auto subscription bit came up and not finding anything listed on my PayPal account. :down::bangshead: :bangshead: :bangshead:

Looks like the drinks are on Scott this week :)

Looks like the drinks are on Scott this week :)

Fat chance.  I'll be as drunk as a skunk after I finish going through hundreds of invoices and get the treasurer to refund all these members.  The only thing I'll be good for is starting a bowling alley with the empties. :bangshead:

Paid mine the other day via paypal after the emailed reminder and just recieved this

"Your subscription to WSCC Individual Membershiphas been cancelled by Westfield Sports Car Club.

You will not be invoiced for this Subscription again." :suspect:

EDITED TO ADD

Email recieved from Scott and all explained and sorted :t-up:  :t-up: 

Mine went through on the auto because I had not cancelled it, but my membership was extended to 4th Feb last renewal, i just thought the club was being efficient getting the subs in early  :d