New Year's Membership Renewal Reminder

Captain Colonial

Happy New Year to you all! :)

Just a gentle reminder from your pushy but well-meaning MemSec (for it is I) regarding renewals.  Thanks to the new boardroom coming online early last January, many of you have memberships that are due for renewal very soon.  The renewal reminder emails went out and were a huge help in getting people to pay for their renewals online, making my job much easier! :t-up:

However, it's just possible that you have a very aggressive spam filter on your email that killed that renewal reminder before you saw it!

So if you think your membership might be due for renewal, or you can't remember when it's due, just click here.  If "Pending" is ticked on the right and you can see an invoice, it's due!  If you don't see one, it's not.  Simples! :t-up:

If there's no invoice and you need to know when it's due, click on the "Paid" tab on the right, then on the paid Membership invoice in the main area and you'll see all the details.

Thanks and have a great 2013! :)

how is mine now going to work after i won the all important prize?

Perfectly.  In fact, as your membership runs out on Groundhog Day, I anticipate you'll get a renewal reminder email later this week.

Thanks scott

Will it then renew to jan the same as everyone else

No, it will be early February from now on...unless you'd like me to remove your prize and give you just 48 hours to renew? :p  ;)  :)

Foul, if Phil rejects the prize, it should go to the person coming second.

Now, I wonder who that could be.

No not been in grateful just didn't know if I would pay the rest to take it up to 12 months renewal or that was my new renewal date.

No so fast Norman. You wil get another chance. Just 991711 posts to go :)

:)

No, I'll pass on the next. The excitement's far too much.

Not sure what's going on but I had the reminder and paid on line via PayPal earlier in december. Last year I paid with her indoors PayPal account

Today she gets a mail from the wscc saying the wscc payment failed due to no backup payment and would be tried again on the 9th Jan!!!

Are payments now auto renewed even though its already been payed?

Hi all

Well, this MemSec lark is fun!

This has happened a few times today, and I'm glad someone brought it up on the boards so I could reply.  I suspect the truth in almost all the cases is that they have PayPal auto pay turned on in their PayPal account, and it failed because it was trying to use an expired debit card.  If this has happened to you, best thing to do is check your PayPal account and turn off auto pay if it's turned on - here's a link, see Item 4:

http://forum.wscc.co...ead-this-first/

Hope that helps!

Mine paid its self earlier. I can waffle on for another year now :d

Hi, I just got a message from PayPal saying my Membership payment has been declined (my fault as I did not update the card details). How do I pay my membership now please ?

Hi :)

If you go back to the first post in this thread and follow the directions, you'll be able to renew manually.

While you're in PayPal, you should update your card details if you haven't done so already.  If you want to turn off your auto pay, follow the directions in this link.

Hope that helps!

Scott I got a different problem.  I didn't know Paypal auto-subscription existed so I paid manually on 10th December when i got the reminder - then Paypal automatically took it again yesterday.  So I have paid twice!  Can you refund the second payment please?