HAPPY NEW YEAR

Norman Verona

Many Happy Returns of the year to you all, may it be prosperous and pleasant and filled with smiles and laughter :) Cheers!

'

Had great day today, though, stomping along the cliff tops from Birling Gap to Beachy Head and back. bl**** cold but brilliant sunshine - one of the best English winter days.

7sRWild I sold my old trailer on Saturday to a Caterham owner and I had been bemoaning the difficulties of starting my Westfield at the best of times, let alone in winter after not being run at all since mid-December (and only then to put it on said trailer at my old house). A dozen pumps of the pedal and it burst into life in pouring rain so I could reverse it off the trailer so he could take it away. I did suggest that I should immobilise it as Caterham owners are noted for their Westfield envy and he could have simply driven off with trailer AND Westfield! He chuckled wryly...  :suspect:

Anyway, Happy New Year to All! :t-up:

Kept my westy at the side of the house this year, she was in storage during last winter. We have had some nasty cold stuff this past few weeks, minus 15 to minus 25°C lot of the time. She has never failed to start, half a dozen pumps on the pedal and some rapid pedal work when she fires up...loving these winter blats...