Tomorrow I am Redundant!

KugaWestie

Having recruited a few over the years, I think there is definitely more chaff!

Gary

Started reading this and thought oh no!

Glad I read on, well done on the new job, sometimes these things are for the best atleast more modifications threads will be written in 2013 and you have plenty of time in january to plan.

Oh I thought we could be one down at the Rock before it started!

Bad luck and congratulations! IYSWIM. There is work out there, but some fields are definitely much stronger than others.

Chris, as my tintop comes with my job, and I will be between jobs on the 16th Jan, I am praying for a nice evening as I may well be in the Westy!!

Well thats it - all finished and done with. It feels a bit strange now

Gary

Sure we can sort something if its not, lets see

Perhaps if its nice we all should, however as no heater in mine and no full screen, hood etc. I may chicken out on that

See you on 16th

Chris, as my tintop comes with my job, and I will be between jobs on the 16th Jan, I am praying for a nice evening as I may well be in the Westy!! But if not someone will pick me up.

How's that Gary, Can it be any louder,

Gary,

I worked for T&L for 15 years and was made redundant in 1983. Never looked back since, have a good Christmas and keep your glass full.

John.

• 2 weeks later...

Well my new job does not start until 21st January 2013.

My previous employers lease company picked up my company car this morning, so I was tintopless :oops:  for a few hours.

I rang my new employer to wish them happy new year and touch base etc.

During conversation they told me the car is on order and due shortly, if it arrives before I start I can have it :yes:  

I then dropped into the conversation that my car had gone back today. No problem he says, you can borrow the truck until your car arrives.

So I now have a Mitsubishi L200 Warrior 5 seat pick up jobby sat on the drive to tide me over

Very obliging considering I dont even work for them yet :t-up:

• Like 2

Good luck with the new job, sounds like they are decent people to work for.

All the best for 2013

• Like 1

Sounds like you fell on your feet there, KW.

May I ask a question? Do the new employers know you? It sounds to me like they know what a gem they have captured.

• Like 1

Sounds like you fell on your feet there, KW.

May I ask a question? Do the new employers know you? It sounds to me like they know what a gem they have captured.

I hope I have Norman, I really do.

Yes, very perceptive of you. I have known my new employer for 20 years, they had worked for me several times, and we had never a crossed word in all that time. So I do feel there is a lot of mutual respect there.

Gary

Just a thought to possibly check out, if you are not employed by the new company, you may not be insured to drive company vehicles, I know they are helping out but you do not want to start on a bad footing.

You may have already checked

See you at the Rock

Chris

Fair point Chris, I had already checked it, no problem :t-up:

Good so will see warrior on 16th

Glad that things have or are sorting out for you