The end message when members leave....

TrevP

LOL so the clever members get free membership.. not the grunts... great post!

sorry, had been to the works christmas party and had 1 too many and should not of posted this! (note to self no posting after beer )

So my apologies. :blush:  :blush:  :down:

Trev, it takes a big man to apologise. Respect to you for that.

I fully understand your sentiments. However look at it from the opposite side. If the Forum was free, non members can attend area meets and through that probably join in other benefits what's the point of becoming a member or staying a member after the Westfield has been sold.

The committee has decided, after long deliberation to entice people to join by offering a trial period. Other car clubs don't even do that. Other car clubs subs are nearly twice ours - as membership falls they raise the price.

However, the point of my post is that the committee have spent many many hours the past 3 weeks dealing with, mainly non members, telling them they're wrong, that the forum should be free for them to use and the club was going to hell in a handcart. One member said his contributions were so important he couldn't see how we would carry on without him. He had something like 160 posts in 12 years.

Why should I be a member? I don't have a Westfield, I can't get to area meets, I can't benefit from the vast majority of BBs, so why. Because I use the forum, I'm tolerated by most on here, and for that I feel I should be a member.

Thankyou Norman, I am not happy with myself for what I wrote! Also would like to apologise to you for the wrongs I did, lessoned learned... I may not agree with the original point but, will see were things lead :)