The end message when members leave....

TrevP

I decided to change my forum name when the new forum was created as i didnt like the name, just got the leaving message after nearly 8/9 years of membership of my old account...

Thank you for your trial membership of the Westfield Sports Car Club Forum. This has now reached the end and your account is now expired.

We hope you have enjoyed your trial period and will consider full membership of the WSCC. Full membership not only provides full access for one year to the online side of the club, but also provides the following benefits:

* Access to local area meets
* Westfield World magazine
* National event and shows such as Stonleigh
* Motorsport such as Westfield Speed Series
* NEW - Gallery and Blog area of the website

You can buy membership online by logging into the forum and selecting the store link at the top of the forum. Alternatively please reply to this email to contact the membership secretary for other ways to pay and support the club.

You can also extend your trial for 2 more months at a time by purchasing a trial extension in the online store.

If you are a lapsed member of the club, then you can renew your membership online or alternatively reply to this email to contact the membership secretary for renewal.

Many thanks for your support of the Westfield Sports Car Club. We really do hope you will consider supporting and joining the club for less than 8 p / day.

Regards,

Membership Secretary.
Westfield Sports Car Club

after 8/9 years of membership thats the thanks my old account gets...

think it would take alot of effort to personalise a messege for everyone.

dont see anything wrong with that tbh , your join date shows jan this year so your old account has been inactive since ,seems a fair message to me for a old account (username)with lapsed membership :) its not real world or a living thing its just an old account that has had a generic message sent to it , to be fair you could of just kept the account and changed your username :yes: which is what i will be doing in january :oops:

If anyone would like to write personalised messages to all 8,312 account holders from over a decade of forum use and who received that message, and are happy to endure the auto reply / out of office / dead email address return email tsunami that I have experienced in the past week, do let me know and Adrian and I will be happy to hook you up for an experience you're unlikely to forget!   ;)

Trev, you should have contacted me directly!  I found your old account and the hundreds of posts you made with it, and merged them into your new TrevP account so that your past was not lost in the midsts of time.

And as Steve rightly says, if you're unhappy with your forum name, it can be changed fairly easily without changing your log in name or password (unless you want to).

To be fair the email does start dear <membership name>

Unfortunately due to the initial large number of people involved, it was necessary to have a standard letter type email. However I am sure going forward evey member will do thier best to 'on-board' as many new members as possible.

And to be fair to the author of that fine email (not me), it wasn't the first one they received telling them of the changes, so they did have a prior notice to this and sufficient time to respond - it's not fair to think that was the sum total of their notice!

I think this is one if the most sensitive forums Ive ever been on! man up people!

lol guess you lot dont get what i mean... people of this club who have payed for years and either cant afford their car or who have sold their car, now get shoved into... good buy you no longer pay, you are not worthy catagory, surely after their contribution they at least get too post?

lol guess you lot dont get what i mean... people of this club who have payed for years and either cant afford their car or who have sold their car, now get shoved into... good buy you no longer pay, you are not worthy catagory, surely after their contribution they at least get too post?

I know what you're on about, and I agree. I think there's a group of forum users that don't have an interest in Westfields specifically, so no matter how cheap the fee is they won't pay. They could be members of numerous forums.. if they had to pay for all them the 8p per day multiplied by XX is impractical (Not to mention expensive). Loads of them have popped in with complimentary comments on Windy's build thread for instance. :t-up: Blocking them gains nothing.

For what it's worth, I think we're now in competion with facebook. ???

Forest Gump mode:.... "That's all I have to say about that."  :)

they can still view the forums they just cant post

they can still view the forums they just cant post

So after their years of supporting the club, you think they shouldnt be able to post after 3 months of not paying? surely having owned a westfield they could help with problems? even if not, too put them into the minority after supporting the club for however long they payed the menbership is wrong! I am sure there are alot of ex-memberss that have let their membership slip after years of membership. Under the new rules they are shut out.How can this help the club and the sponsers?

Sure limit the new forum members that dont offer the club or forum any support but, dont punish the old members/forum users that have contributed... how can that help?

I know there have been problems with online members but,Surely if the ex members step out of line then ban them! dont stop the people that support/have supported this club from posting,

If you do it will be to the detriment to the club.

Trev, several members who have ingenuity helped the club in the past have been awarded a years free membership.

Can I please ask that we drop this now. The decision's been made. It may be right , it may be wrong. Time will tell. If it's wrong I have full confidence in the committee to correct it.

They've had enough this past 2 weeks, lets leave it for now and give them a rest. 

LOL so the clever members get free membership.. not the grunts... great post!

goodness me