search box: Now Fixed ?

valrowles

Hi  Gadgetman

I am running windows vista, not sure what browser/version.

I'm sure the backroom boys will fix it soon.

Thanks for the feed back guys I am not alone on this one

Andy

Great! :t-up:

Now go fix my Support Requests! ;):laugh:

Got mine back thanks :t-up:

excellent thanks for the feedback.

Mem Sec - I need to change some SQL stuff - so you might have to wait till weekend.

Adrian, can I say thanks for all the work you've done over the last 2 weeks. I'll bet you've spent more time on this forum than on your own business.

THANKS, it's much appreciated.

• Like 2

For those of us not in the IT industry, take it from one who's been there, Adrian (Webmaster) has probably been working 18 hour days to sort this upgrade out.

I also know that Scott (MemSec) hasn't had much time off either.

So, can we, please, ignore the non-members who are complaining because they can no longer use club facilities for free.

Instead lets give a big round of applause to the committee for all they're doing to protect the clubs future.

Awwwww-shucks, it aint nothing really. Thanks for the praise.

Actually ironically I spend less time putting in the changes and fixes that I did last week writing long posts explaining the committees decisions and what it meant in practise. Those were 18 hour days.

I'll bet.

Just a minor thing that I may well be wrong about.

I get the email notifying me when my posts are quoted. I think the post with the quote was replicated but now the quote and the new post are all in one. It's difficult to read. I've just looked at a deleted email and it looks like this:

----------------------------------

------------ QUOTE ----------

Water pump is only needed if it's driven by the cambelt. And, even then, only if the mileage is, say, over 60,000.

If you've the confidence to understand how the valve timing works and you know how to set the cams and crank to the marks then have a go.

One method I've used is to paint lines across the cams to belt and crankshaft pulley to belt. Remove belt and transfer marks to new belt then fit new belt lining up the paint marks. However I also set the cams and crank to TDC as well.

I'm assuming YB doesn't have a jackshaft so only 3 wheels to align.

-----------------------------

Thanks - Just learnt something there - I had always assumed every car had a water pump driven by the cambelt - I guess I'm wrong to assume. Mileage is low so wont bother with replacing that then. Main reason for doing the job is I want to replace the cam seals as I'm pretty sure they're leaking, so might as well renew belt while I'm at it. I like the transfer the paint marks from old belt to new - what a brilliant method! That I will definitely do.

Would I need a belt tension gauge? And do new belts stretch and have to be re-timed?

One I've just received looks like this:

Don't you think this thread is ironic. It starts with someone complaining he can't have the use of a service that others pay for and ends with people who do pay for it sorting out our little echo. The one thing the forum does is to help keep us all "in the family" if you see what I mean. Was just about to come and make the same comment :)

Which shows as this on the post:

Posted Today, 08:06 PM

Norman Verona, on 13 Dec 2012 - 19:53, said:snapback.png

Don't you think this thread is ironic.

It starts with someone complaining he can't have the use of a service that others pay for and ends with people who do pay for it sorting out our little echo.

The one thing the forum does is to help keep us all "in the family" if you see what I mean. 

Was just about to come and make the same comment  :)