Any Interest In A Factory Supplied Half Hood

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

Factory Half Hood, is there any interest?  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1. Gadgetman

2. Rorys Dad

3. ajpearson

4. Burlers

5. KugaWestie

6. Rhett_Turner

7. Dommo

8. dombanks

9. alexander72

10. nipolina

11. MartynV

12.Leftfield

13. jonjh1964

14. smokeymow

15. ren

15 already Gadgetman, you gonna make the call?

I reckon I know someone that would make them, pal of mine was doing seat pads for westys years ago, sold quite a few to members on here, he has done me stuff like this in the past and is very good, he is an upholsterer with 20 odd years experience and went self employed so imagine he would be happy for the work , I would think all he would need is one to copy off or a car dropping off to make a pattern, I have one on my Caterham so could give him that to look at and copy If of any interest I can put you in touch :t-up:

mines narrow on a RAC roll bar please :d and i'd like it black with 3 red stripes up the middle and made of Angora, if not mo-hair :love: will suffice....

JeffC - you could make one with your tache you shaved off recently? ???:p

lol it wouldnt insulate the roof so well :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

heheheheh - i dont know if i can get one in agora - harris tweed might look nice>>>> :d :d :d

Guys, can we please try and keep just a little on-topic with this one :d I'm hoping the factory can use it to help decide a plan of action...

I could get one made locally easily enough, but I'd still have to maul about getting the grp windscreen channel from Westfield. Being lazy, I'd much rather the factory could see sufficient demand that I can order one off the on-line store with minimum hassle!

I am with you Dave, if we can convince Westfield there is enough demand, I would happily buy from them as long as it is a reasonable price comparable to others

sorry, was only joking at the fact JeffC gave up on Movember - a black half hood is fine for my narrow please. Many thanks, james

S'alright, just need to convince the factory that there's serious interest!

In many ways, given the different body, roll bar and even screen options, the half hood makes a lot of sense for them, as it's "easier" to come up with something that will fit more options than the standard hood does. Though one size won't necessarily fit all of course.

I'll drop Simon a line in the morning though, and draw his attention to this thread, hopefully it will give him a bit more ammo when it comes to deciding what accessories etc they develop, and which they put on the back burner.

I am with you Dave, if we can convince Westfield there is enough demand, I would happily buy from them as long as it is a reasonable price comparable to others

Thats a given; while I don't expect anything to be the same cost as some that have been made virtually as favours by friends before now, hopefully something can be done that isn't a million miles away from the commercial offerings from Soft Bits, Oxted etc

Its a yes from me. Look forward to seeing details of options available.

Me too :t-up:

FW body please