Any Interest In A Factory Supplied Half Hood

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

Factory Half Hood, is there any interest?  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As the title really, it's something I've suggested to Simon before now, I'm just curious - given how tricky it can be to get hold of one from the usual sources ;) - whether there's any interest in principal, in a Westfield supplied half hood. Obviously, subject to cost etc, and not wanting to complicate it at an early stage with different roll bar combinations, wide/narrow options etc.

EtA

I've nothing to do with Westfield in this respect, I'm posting purely as a potential customer, who would like to be able to buy one simply and with least fuss!

Soon as I get my windscreen back on I was going to take the measurement between the top of the windscreen and my RAC bar and place an order with softbits for sevens. There's also a guy on here who has made some which were well received but he can't do a big quarter circle zip so I can get in and out more or less vertically. It's all in the price really.

Rory's Dad

I left the guy on here a couple of messages, but I know he's really busy, and it's just a sideline for him. I've seen the quality though, and it is excellent.

Trouble is, just like with Soft Bit's, I've never heard anything back...

That's why I'm trying to find out if there is a market for the factory to do something!

Soft bits for sevens are a mother and son (Jill & Nick I think) outfit. They are so busy they don't have time to answer phones or emails. I'm a bit surprised they're still going as the best products in a poorly run business usually fail.

Lets not get too bogged down in details, as I said, there would be variations for different roll bars to be worked out too. The idea is purely to see if there's enough interest from us as a representative sample of owners, so that I can go and nag Simon again!

I've got an RAC roll bar so have been waiting for SoftbitforSevens for a while so would be interested to find an alternate quality supplier.

1. Gadgetman

2. Rorys Dad

3. ajpearson

4. Burlers

5. KugaWestie

6. Rhett_Turner

7. Dommo

8. dombanks

9. alexander72

10. nipolina

11. MartynV

12.Leftfield

13. jonjh1964

14. smokeymow

15. ren

With the weather in Northern Ireland, I definitely need one!

Have tried calling SBFS myself but no reply. Good idea - it has my vote!!

Andy

I got an email back from Nick Judd yesterday confirming that they are still making the RAC 1/2 hood with a link back to their website but I'm waiting for an update from WF as they are intending to make a 1/2 hood for an RAC Roll Bar. Steve Mahon emailed me back a couple of months ago apologising because he's too busy with his day job to make any hoods at present - shame as his hoods have a very good reputation.