Insurance Question

Doug Dastardly

What does Class 1 actually cover, for kit car and teacher? Or any profession for that matter as I know that nurses, doctors, dentists etc. all have similar type contracts which will involve training/meetings at different locations. How much difference is it?

Cheers

Paul

Class 1 business use is when the vehicle is used in connection with your business, usually meetings and different sites.

Its quite complicated to define the use required without knowing exactly what the vehicle is used for.

If you are going to meetings in the vehicle you will need business use on the policy.

If you want to give me a call on 01635 874646 we can have a chat about your policy and see if you are covered correctly.

Thanks

Clare

Thanks clare when it comes to insuring my car I will, it is currently sorned with garage insurance (Fire, theft etc.) as I'm fitting the zetec. As soon as its ready to go back on the road I will certainly give you a call.

Thanks Again

Paul

A bit off topic Paul but is your car a high or low line nose? I've got a zetec that I'm wondering how easily would fit in my lowline. Looks a bit tight with the tape measure but I don't really want to swap the nose/bonnet as I like the lowline look. I'm dropping the x/flow out over the winter anyway for other reasons so will try it properly then but just gathering information.

I think its lowline i've done a bit of measuring to see if it will fit. Its close, but with raceline sump it looks like it will. I'm looking at approx 100mm ground clearance. I haven't fitted it yet though so this is all theory. My measurements were the bonnet was 680mm off the ground at the point it meets the nose cone and the engine should sit further back than that hence the approx 100mm as engine is approx 600mm tall.

I'm probably not the best person to answer this as I've not fitted it and may find a whole heap of problems, we shall see. I swapped from xflow as I got fed up after losing second engine and wanted something more reliable. If I need a bonnet bulge so be it, but I'm hoping it will just fit. Certainly all the measuring so far suggests it will (exciting stuff). One concern is how close the exhaust manifold may sit to the front wheel again that is close. Waiting on money at the moment so its a bit stalled waiting for parts, but will probably post progress and questions later this year.

Hope thats helped a bit

Paul

PS has anyone else fitted a zetec into lowline?

Alladdin (Mike) is currently looking at the same thing. Perhaps we should kick off a thread in the tech section. I think we're aware it makes no sense financially but the technical pitfalls would be good reading. If you take a look back in the thread conehead started there is some good information although much of it is about the financial justification (or lack of).

It's just a case of making your intentions clear at the start, I guess; you're carrying out an engine swap 'cause you fancy the technical challenge :yes::d (or to a lesser extent extreme sentimental attachment to a particular car).

Otherwise, most on here love to see a good build thread with plenty of pics! But conversely, many on here that have done builds/rebuilds/engine swaps etc. also hate to see the pain others go through when a basically working, (maybe with issues, but fundamentally usable) car gets taken off the road for a project, that then stalls for whatever reason. And as time steadily ticks on with no more progress, changes from being a work in progress to a pile of bits in the garage, then ultimately to just some old dirty rusty metal in the way.

But for those that do take it on, there's plenty of interest and support available here! Specially with a more unusual project like this!

Mines definitely technical challenge, with the prospect of a reliable car at the end which has that "I did it" factor. I enjoyed getting it through the IVA even though it was an 1988 project. I do like these kind of challenges. When money sorts out (hopefully soon) then I will be back on the case. If people are interested I will post a suitable thread.

(PS don't tell SWMBO that I enjoy this part, as I have already spent a fortune :d )