Trolley Jack Recommendation Please

Captain Colonial

As I say, mines still fine - though I'm aware of the seals issue a few have had.

The first one to go wrong was a few weeks after delivery and we were all round at John Howes. The disgruntled owner stormed in shouting that he'd been conned and demanding a new jack. John had a spare so swapped it. I then inspected the faulty jack and found the ram and surrounding frame covered in sand. John fitted new seals, I'd had the sense to get 50 sets of seals kits with the jacks.

My electric wheel gun is still going strong, in fact I used it today :t-up:

Does anyone use a single-seater quick-lift?

Yes

I got one of these Arcan 3 ton low entry jacks from Costco http://www.amazon.co.uk/Arcan-Trolley-3000KG-Professional-30BL/dp/B003O65M0K

It's a great bit of kit with a nice wide flat lifting pad. It does weigh a ton but feels like it will last forever. I think I only paid about £80 from Costco.

I've got one of these http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/ctj1250a-11-4-tonne-aluminium-trolley-jack - Porsche driving friend bought one at the same time so we saved on postage and there was also a "we pay your VAT" offer. Only had it 6 months but very happy so far, used it throughout my build.

Costco have low profile ally jacks in for £107

I would have one if my jack wasn't ok

Similar to eBay item 180999450396

Jonjh, that's the same jack as the BB. £58 to subscribers in 2007 (I think)

The last BB jack had a square alloy lifting pad, though the rubber insert might have been round. Seem to recall it being the slightly heav ire duty version than the one with the round pad that MM did at the time.

According to have-a-nice-day, Mr Ma from China it's the same. The pads come in a variety of shapes. I got him to send about 20 new rubber pads with the last lot but I have no idea what happened to them.

Im considering the single seater type, quicklift if anyone has any opinions..

The Machine Mart item is indeed the same as the Bulk Buy unit. I think they're about £90. We paid £60 which included shipping, dock fees and VAT.

Mine is still going strong but some have had to replace the seals. Not a big job. However some of those I've seen were covered in dust and grit so that may have been the problem.

No discount vouchers lately, I think they've stopped them. However I'll let you know if one arrives in the next month or so.

Norman, where do you buy the seals? I have an old Eversure trolley jack but the seals are shot and it sinks slowly to the ground. ???

Look on google for "O" rings. They usually come as packs with a variety of "O" rings. Strip your jack to measure the size of the seals.

ed to add THIS LINK the one at the bottom at £11.44 may be the one.

another ed to ADD THIS LINK which is the one I should have put on instead.

Thanks for all your input gents, much appreciated! :t-up: