Croft Trackday 7th June entry form

Andy @ Cat

Croft Trackday

Saturday 7th June 2003

You must have heard by now how good the Croft trackday is! If you’ve been before, you’ll be booking up right away, if not then come and try the best airfield circuit in the country.   We’re back again at this fabulous 2.1 mile northern circuit, where professional instruction will be available throughout the day.

All cars must comply with a noise check of 98dBa at 1.0 metre.  Spaces are strictly limited to 60 cars.  On booking an information pack will be sent with details of location, accommodation, car preparation and track etiquette.  For this we require that you enclose an A4 size SAE.

*Please note that for insurance purposes all participants must be a member of the TVR Car Club.  

Cost:   £145 TVRCC & Westfield Car Club members,    £160 non-members (including £5 day membership)

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

I/We enclose £145 members/ £160 non-members (*see note ) payable to the TVR Car Club Ltd.

Name………………………………………………………………….Memb. No………………………….

Address………………………………………………………………………………………………………

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

e mail…………………………  …………………………………..Postcode…………………………….

Car Model…………………….Reg………………………….Tel…………………………………………..

Passenger/Additional Driver…………………………………………………………………………………

Circuit experience: 1sttimer………………….Intermediate…………………..Experienced…………….

Send your completed form, SAE and payment to:

Croft Trackday, c/o TVRCCLtd, PO Box 36, Telford, TF6 6WF

Booking enquiries: 01952 770635 (9am – 5pm)

Technical enquiries:   Croft Circuit Office (10am-5pm) 01325 721815

Bruce Smith (evenings strictly before 10pm) 0131 552 7415

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bananaman

• gregh

• samcooke

• Andy @ Cat

Andy,

Does anyone in the Yorkshire area have a sound tester? Never had my car checked so would want to make sure it's ok before booking!

cheers,

greg

Thats a good question I don’t know anyone who has. Post the question on the boardroom I’m sure someone will be able to help.

Does anyone in the Yorkshire area have a sound tester? Never had my car checked so would want to make sure it's ok before booking!

Greg - if you find one let me know as I am running a standard Westfield system and don't know if it will pass.  Interestingly, I went to croft on 5 April and they did not test.

JD

As regards noise . . . . .

. . . . . I may be wrong, but at the play day at Harewood on the 26t May, there should be a man with a meter, so you could get him to test it for you, even if your not playing.

Alternatively, head down to your local college, and speak with someone there, I bet they'll have one somewhere.

Mike

I've ordered a noise meter from bookatrack, which I get to use for a few days, hopefully will arrive this week. I'm in North Leeds if anyone wants to meet up and use it they are more than welcome.

regards,

Greg

98dBa at 1.0 metre

:( A***! :(  Not a chance in a million years of getting down to that.  The quietest it's ever been was 103db @ 1m

EDIT: Actually that might have been at 0.5 metre...  Can't remember.

I've got a meter but it's an old analogue one that I use for setting up Hi-Fi, not really suited to testing cars though it will give you an idea...

is this a new requirment?

ive done a few track days at croft and never been tested.  i know i am seriously loud, got black flagged at donnington :(, apparently i was much much louder than anybody else according to johnny bookatrack.

also i wouldnt really describe croft as an airfield circuit, cos i would associate that with the likes of elvington, which it definately is not

Wish I had known about this earlier, booked the one on 1st June at Croft with the LTC, mind it is open pitlane. Is this one?

Nick

• 2 weeks later...

If you are lucky enough to live near enough to Croft, you can pop along for a sound check.. just give 'em a call first.

They don't soundcheck at trackdays but the meter is always on and if it peaks they will pull you in for the static test.. and if you fail, like I did, it means an early bath.

If you think your levels are 'loud'.. just back off along the start/finish straight.. thats where the meter is.. and the sound really bounces off the buildings there..

and also if you see a flag marshall pointing at his ear as you go past, take heed of his signal.

Nick

Stop Press. The price has been reduced to £130.00 but you must contact Bruce Smith (evenings strictly before 10pm 0131 552 7415or e-mail bruce@synergyinnovation.com) and not the TVR booking office. Remember it’s a Saturday so no need for the day off work, well for most anyway.

Nanas,

I'd love to go but am very worried about noise levels.

andy - do you know how strict this is going to be?

greg

Iv been to numerous Croft trackdays and never seen noise testing as such. I did see a Westfield blacked flagged from the track when the exhaust had come off. The officials wouldn’t let him go back out with open pipes.