The Room 101 Thread

Captain Colonial

bl**dy tattoo's

whats it all about :suspect:

My first was when I first moved out of home, into a shared house with my best school mate. He wanted to become a tattoo artist, got a tattoo gun off eBay and his first was on me. Then I joined the army, got another, started boxing, two more on my chest and one on my back. First operational tour survived and got another. Went through very bad divorce and got taken to Fiji where a tribesman used bamboo and a stone to do one on my back, came home and mate was upset someone else tattooed me, so he did another, died 3 days later. So I have his first and his last on me.

5 years later I got another on my leg... Started! Been 3 years and still not finished. £95 an hour, one four hour sitting followed by a twelve hour sitting, followed by a six hour sitting and still two four hour sittings left. Each time I have a sitting I can't go to the beach, drive, run or anything for a week after... Added to fact the tattoo artist has a nine week waiting list makes arranging it very difficult.

I agree with PB though, what are they actually about? Some I see and really wonder! As for mine, they tell a half decent life story then turns into pure determination to finish it!

people who use the boardroom like facebook - telling us every time they've cut the grass...

people who use the boardroom like facebook - telling us every time they've cut the grass...

See there's a few issue with Facebook... First you need friends, next your friends can delete you and not see everything you write.

Here it's the forum user's responsibility to not read posts or not comment on posts they disagree with... Then the thread will vanish into the black hole of old threads.

Also I stopped using Facebook after work colleagues were getting disciplined for pictures on Facebook, comments on Facebook... Etc. here is far safer, better and relaxed. Dave Eastwood's kept busy and ensures that certain things get nipped in the bud! No such thing on Facebook.

That one wouldn't be on my own Room 101 list (to a degree).  When I'm in a boardroom area called "Stuff & Nonsense", I've only myself to blame if I read something that bores me, and really only myself to blame if I reply to it! :d  So personally, I'm just a bit selective and choosy as to what threads I open - saves getting upset. But that's just me. :)

Dave Eastwood's kept busy and ensures that certain things get nipped in the bud!

Everyone on the Moderation Team gets kept busy, not just Dave - even though we'd rather not be kept busy... :(  It's unavoidable sometimes.

Back to the subject at hand of Room 101...

The phrase "...but what I don't understand is..." in mystery dramas.  This phrase appears near the end of almost every single mystery drama on TV or in movies, when someone doesn't understand how the detective managed to figure out whodunit.  It's usually to cover a hole in the plot that the writer couldn't write their way out of, and is a patronising pat on the head to the viewer - "there there, you poor dimwit, this is how it happened".  I promise you that you'll hear it in nearly 100% of mystery dramas and now that you know it, will drive you batty too.  It ruins the show for me in a flash.

(See also the phrase that appears in 87% of ALL movies at some point - "Let's get out of here!"... sheesh.)

Scott, I'never heard that phrase on the TV.

Maybe because I don't watch the stupid Hollywood crap in the first place.  :)

Dim-witted drivers who hog the middle lane of a motorway (unless they are part of the Westfield community of course!)

Scott, I'never heard that phrase on the TV.

Maybe because I don't watch the stupid Hollywood crap in the first place.  :)

Oh, you'll hear it now... and it's in practically every episode of Midsomer Murders, Foyle's War, any Agatha Christie, Witless Silence or any other Brit mystery drama you can name.  Trust me.

Still won't hear it as other than the early series of Foyles War I haven't a clue what the others are.

Next for the room - people who drive with their fog lights on when it's not foggy.  Reduced a bit with the advent of DRLs, but still... :bangshead:  :swear:  :angry:

Dim-witted drivers who hog the middle lane of a motorway (unless they are part of the Westfield community of course!)

With you on that one. There's a new breed who do 85mph in the outside/fast lane. In my little :westy: at 60-65 I've been the fastest vehicle in the inside lane... I've shot by at 60 undertaking and only then do people pull into the inside lane and follow me.

Sister in law does the 85 in outside and stay there. Father in law is a 65 in middle lane... Two together in the same car is funny, both telling the other they are right and the other is wrong.

I have to get the good old London Underground to work and I'd like to throw all the k*******s of all ages and sexes into Room101 who have their personal stereo/MP3 player on so loud the whole carriage can hear it. The word "Personal" is a dead giveaway you a*******s!

Also, idiot drivers who don't give way to buses.

Also, Congestion charge and stupid London Parking prices, if they went into Room101 I could drive to work and would not have to rant about the first two.

Hmm.. maybe I should take up cycling to work...? Ah but then I'd be squshed by a lorry...