• Malvern, Help Registration Closed
  • Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Self Cancelling Indicators

ian clear

:yes:  :yes:

Great to hear, Rich - thanks  :)

Tell all your friends  :d

Mike

Just put a post on our local Facebook group North West Kitcar Group with your website link, might bring some business your way.

Regards

Rich

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Shameless plug to say I'll be bringing some of these to Stoneleigh if anyone wants one :)

Also in case anyone didn't see this in the Trader section, I thought I'd pop it here:

I was asked to make a version of BeamStop main beam controller that could also manage sidelights and toggle between side and main with a single button (like a Caterham).

I've done this, so I made a few in case anyone else is interested. They cost £85 plus postage (or I can bring to Stoneleigh):

The unit is connected to 12V permanent (so sidelights can work with ignition off). It only draws 5.5mA so should not be a significant problem with battery drain.

There are 3 relays (not included) – sidelight, headlight power and dip/main.

With ignition off, the headlight button will toggle sidelights.

With ignition on, the headlight button will toggle sidelights/side+headlights/off [repeat]

With ignition on and headlights off, the main beam switch will turn on the main beam while the button is pushed (i.e. flash function)

With ignition on and headlights on, the main beam will toggle (latch) between dipped beam and main beam.

IMG_20160408_204900725_zpsuqutzycs.jpg

BeamStop%20Plus_zpsgjvpb6jh.jpg

• Like 2

Shameless plug to say I'll be bringing some of these to Stoneleigh if anyone wants one :)

How much are your BlinkStop?

WOW.

That font above is so hard to read on a phone.

Had to give up so far through.

Looks nice though but not vey clear.... My own opinion only.

WOW.

That font above is so hard to read on a phone.

Had to give up so far through.

Looks nice though but not vey clear.... My own opinion only.

I know what you mean, I couldn't read it on the iPad either, a little better on the lap top, but for those struggling:

Shameless plug to say I'll be bringing some of these to Stoneleigh if anyone wants one  :)

Also in case anyone didn't see this in the Trader section, I thought I'd pop it here:

I was asked to make a version of BeamStop main beam controller that could also manage sidelights and toggle between side and main with a single button (like a Caterham).

I've done this, so I made a few in case anyone else is interested. They cost £85 plus postage (or I can bring to Stoneleigh):

The unit is connected to 12V permanent (so sidelights can work with ignition off). It only draws 5.5mA so should not be a significant problem with battery drain.

There are 3 relays (not included) – sidelight, headlight power and dip/main.

With ignition off, the headlight button will toggle sidelights.

With ignition on, the headlight button will toggle sidelights/side+headlights/off [repeat]

With ignition on and headlights off, the main beam switch will turn on the main beam while the button is pushed (i.e. flash function)

With ignition on and headlights on, the main beam will toggle (latch) between dipped beam and main beam.

How much are your BlinkStop?

£58.50 member price

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Update to say that I've upgraded the software to allow the BlinkStop unit to also do the indicator flashing function at standard 90 flash/min - so no more problems with recalcitrant flasher relays... 

• Like 1

does this mean we should be upgrading software in any units we have that.............. :blush:  ....................we have brought and not go round to soldering and installing yet? :yes:

:laugh:

No point doing anything unless you find you have a relay compatibility problem, Tim - most don't. I can always post a new chip instead of you chasing a replacement flasher relay (just contact me if you get there...) 

• 1 month later...

FreeWheel Update - just wanted to report that I've just completed a 3,000 miles in 10 days Euro Tour and my 8 button FreeWheel performed faultlessly throughout - many thanks Mike.

• Like 3

Thanks for the durability test and feedback! I noticed you found most weather conditions on your tour...

I would really like a cooy please. So fed up with leaving them on as my steering wheelg obscures the indicator lamps.

Pm sent with email address

Thank you

• 2 years later...

I am an Ariel Nomad owner looking for a self cancelling indicator solution. We use toggles as well. Is Ian still active on the forum, I need to pick his brains.

Regards