Predict The Date & Time Of The One Millionth Post

Captain Colonial

We are at about 970,000 total posts in the boardroom, and some memorable (and forgettable) posts they have been!

Time for a contest, then - predict below the exact date and time of the 1,000,000th boardroom post below. Closest prediction will win a very special prize!

You may predict at any time up to 995,000 posts in, after which the thread will be locked and hidden to increase the suspense. WSCC Members only. One guess only allowed per member - all other guesses after your first will be deleted or disregarded. You may edit and alter your guess until the thread is locked.

Over to you! :)

• Like 1

I'll get things started:

September 13th 2012 at 9.41 PM

Don't know when it will be, but the text of the 1,000,000th post will probably be an answer to a question, and will just read

" Do a search...."

:-)

December 31st 2012 @ 11.59 pm

November 18th @ 07:42 am

November 24 2012 at 22:11 - so I'm going to be busy posting like mad on 23 Novermber if it's not even close :p:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

May we have more stats please. Like when did the count (ie forum) start, what is the current average daily posting rate (say over the last 3 months)

Thanking you in anticipation,

Norm the stat

May we have more stats please. Like when did the count (ie forum) start, what is the current average daily posting rate (say over the last 3 months)

Norm the stat

" Do a search...."
:)

I have had a look but the first post is "obscure".

OK, here goes.

No, I'll give it more thought. (Memsec said it was OK to alter)

Norm the stat

Dear Norman.

No.

Do your own homework. Easiest way is to look at the post count today, and keep looking at it until we're just short of 990,000 posts to average it out, then make your guess.

Of course, someone may have made the guess you want by then, and the pace of posts will slow and speed up seasonally, but that's the risks you take.

Love,

Lord MemSec (for it is he) :)

well, there's a surprise. :)

I have looked at the first dated post.

I have calculated the daily average since that date.

I have counted the first weeks posts.

I have counted last weeks posts,

I have applied a least squares regression formula to these statistics

Then guessed a date.

• Like 1

09/10/12 10.44am just a random guess lol

After using the best statistical analysis available - ie finger in the air - I have come up with.....

29/10/12 at 11.33 am.

• Like 1

I like Norms thinking and seems I can't be bothered (sorry don't have the time) to check

12-11-12 @ 12:11 and 12 seconds

6/1/2013 @ 8:42pm