Steering Wheel And Qr Boss - Poll

Doug Dastardly

Which Stuff?  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So am I right in thinking you need a 70mm allegro boss, then the qr to bolt onto that then the steering wheel bolted onto tha?

So am I right in thinking you need a 70mm allegro boss, then the qr to bolt onto that then the steering wheel bolted onto tha?

Yes, or you could just weld on a quick release. I say just weld it but it needs to be done properly, and I don't just mean good welding.

I went the bolt on method as I wanted 1) to swap back if I was selling and keep my bling bits and 2) be able to fit a spacer if I still wasn't happy with the wheel position, although you could fit one between wheel and QR if you had a welded on stub.

And of course you only need an allegro boss if you have an allegro column :d  there are other options so make sure you know what you have.

Edited to say if you want a smaller wheel, or a three hole QR you'll need a reducer to 50mm PCD too. A bigger wheel and QR combo would bolt straight onto a 70mm boss.

Best mod I've done :t-up:  :love:  

I have an eBay £25 QR boss PCD 76mm

Mountney 300mm M-range £40

Then got the m-range boss for £30

So less than £100 for the whole lot and has a wheel mounted horn. The QR section is only 25mm thick and puts the wheel in a much nicer position.

7BC21AA8-8C63-4F70-A8A9-CC0B37614BCB-507

Thanks for that. Who were the sellers for the qr and the boss? Sounds like you've done well there. What's the quality like?

Thanks for that. Who were the sellers for the qr and the boss? Sounds like you've done well there. What's the quality like?

Me?

Quality's great, except the bolts supplied to attach qr to boss! Stripped mine. Imperial bolts around 3.5mm.... 5/16??? Someone will correct me soon.

Europa spares for universal allegro/mini/Austin boss

Europa spares for mountney m-range 300 mm

Q/R is now £30, silver, black or blues eBay no. 321006624152

Just be careful not to strip the bolt threads or buy spare stainless ones, like I had to. Steering wheel, so 1/4 turn extra! It then just went. Lucky the boss is solid and the bolts went!! Not other way around!

If you PM me, else I'll forget, I'll get pictures tomorrow afternoon.

• Like 1

Oh,

I found the 280mm steering wheel too twitchy.

But many people on here use them.