A What Car Thread.......

langy

There's a fine line between anticipation and frustration and you just stepped over it, buddy! :angry:

LOL!

I have a 2004 1.8 zetec Westfield, factory built. Best car I've owned!

Owned a nice list, including 156 GTA, S2000 and a few mini's... One had a mg metro lump, a mg midget with a K series 1.8, robin hood with a YBT... List does go on a little. Nothing is as predictable, easy to flick about or as fast off the line! Plus pretty much all parts are ford, cheap and easy to sort out.

Well today I test drove:

TVR T350C, very nice car, sounded the dogs, within budget, track able ?

Exige S 220 & 260 flavour. 260 was very nice

ooh t350 my favourite - can I come clean it for you ;-)

track able ?

Yup, but expensive if they go wrong, seen a few Trevors with steam and blue smoke on track.

BMW 3 and 5 series M power cars (on slicks) are the best/most reliable/fastest out there - end of!

Liam and D ick take there Trevors to Sebring st Three Holes near Wisbech - might be worth talking to the lads first and then ringing Sebring

I remember D ick saying they had a 350 in for repair of some sort when he had his booked in

If only TVR had of stuck an LS in there motors

Which is my worry !

Cam followers wear quickly if the clearances arent set regularly and if its all out of kilter when revved high the top end is damaged and you get lots of smoke - seen it a few times - cars not stopped but smokin` and drivers clearly unaware.

Oh and they use oil, lots of it - and smoke accordingly.

How do I know? I researched them as I was in the market for one a year ago or so. Just like a Griffith/Chimaera itch I wanted to scratch many years ago I`m afraid I walked away. Too fragile - buy a Porker or BMW.

Give us a clue :oops:

ahh well done chap :t-up: - so what did you treat yourself to?