Weather...

kirkyboy5

Managed another blat out today, was keeping an eye on the sky all the time I was out. Got home, got the car in the garage, 10 minutes later it lashed down - phew!!

Managed my test run ok between sets, gone grey again and raining, pleased the brakes are unharmed by my cleaning antics but have located my engine oil leak, looks like the flywheel end seal. Hope it lasts to winter as I was planning to change my flywheel anyway for a lightweight one and a paddle clutch. Only a few drips per day.Better get a drip tray and monitor.

:( Bob

Probably no consolation, but I've just got back from a week's holiday in Austria (Kitzbuhel and Salzburg) and they are having an exceptional amount of rain as well. Rains more or less every day, for part of the day. Mind you it can be sunny and hot when itws not raining.

I've designed my Westy to be OK in the wet - switches with rubber covers, holes in the fibreglass seats, no carpets, tyres that are OK in the wet, etc etc. Get some waterproff clothing and you'll be fine. You'll find the car will be fine in the dry too!

Roy's Dad