Weather...

kirkyboy5

We are ( were ) lucky with the weather in South Downs, Westie and I don't go out in the wet, never used the hood on my car, this summer had a few good blatts midweek but looking back had some great blatts October,November, February,March. Hat and coat, heater on, quiet dry roads, If the forcasters are correct roll on October :d :d :d

We are ( were ) lucky with the weather in South Downs, Westie and I don't go out in the wet, never used the hood on my car, this summer had a few good blatts midweek but looking back had some great blatts October,November, February,March. Hat and coat, heater on, quiet dry roads, If the forcasters are correct roll on October :d :d :d

So very true, had some great autumn/winter blats this last year; some in tee shirt weather some needing to be well wrapped up. Some in overcast weather, but with the engine feeling almost supercharged by the cold, crisp air and some in lovely clear blue sky's with not a cloud in sight! Between the MOT at the end of last September and the geo at Blink in February/March time I managed to do over 2000 miles, without really going anywhere in particular. :d

While I know the arguments in favour, I never understand why people SORN their road going cars half the year.

If folk SORN cars on a cost basis there must be a growing future for taking cars off the road for the summer months :yes: :yes: :yes:

Just managed to get a 45 minute blat squeezed in between what have been horrendous downpours today.

The roads dried up and after 15 minutes of keep going outside looking at the sky, I decided to risk it :westy: ..........................and stayed dry :d

I never realised Westy ownership turned us into a weather forecaster ;)

hehe I was thinking the samer..but recently iv stopped looking at the weather for a few reasons

1. depresses me

2. if i checked the weather I will never go out in the Westie these days :p

I never realised Westy ownership turned us into a weather forecaster ;)

I never used to check it quite as much as I do now until I bought the car! We've had about 3 weeks of sun since the!

I end up looking at the sky, then looking on my Met Office App, then looking at the sky, app, sky, app, sky, app, sky, app..............you get the picture

Yeah friends just assume I'll know what the weathers going to be like theses days after so many years of aeroscreened Westfield ownership

Rained here earlier but is brightening up now. Still only 21c instead of the normal 30.

I was thinking about getting out for a blat but will have to bleed brakes before and I'm not sure I feel like working today.

All to do with the Jetstream in the wrong place. Perhaps NASA can get it moved over a bit.

I was thinking that if we all went to Spain, faced North and blew hard it may go back to its normal place.

What ever the experts say the summer has been absolute pants and I am going to hire a wet suit for my next run as I have yet to do a complete drive this summer without getting rained on. Last Sunday I binned it in a hedge on a bend after an isolated shower. It's a bit much for a pensioner. If this goes on I am going to have to learn to drive the d***n thing properly.