• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Jesus Some People Should Not Be Allowed To Drive.

Matt Seabrook

here you go roger rabbit your post from the unluckiest man ever

In the past 12 months I have been knocked of my pushbike 3 times.

The Police don't care, especially when I tell them I was on my push bike!

I have had my push bike stolen twice in the same timeframe.

They sent a Forensics bloke out the second time who made a mess of my garage door and said that I should have had an alarm fitted. Ergo - my fault for having my Bike stolen.

I was even assaulted by a copper (I recorded it on my phone too), once again, the Police didn't care.

A mate of mine tw4tted a pi55ed bloke who was feeling up his Mrs. He explained to the Police who said yeah, we understand, but you're getting done anyway.

They pulled me over and accused me of racing because another car (Some unknown BMW) was right up my bumper and revving his engine. At no point did I break the speed limit (especially because my car had only been started literally 90 seconds before).

Another mate of mine got accused of trying to evade the Police by pulling into a gravelly grass track lane. The Officer in question refused to believe it was access to his house depite locking and unlocking the rear door.

I could carry on, but i'm boring you all.

smile.gif

If you think a motorbike is bad, try a push bike :)

I cycle to work and I don't just have to worry about drivers, but also idiot pedestrians who are jabbering away and just step out into the road as i'm filtering through traffic.

Having said that, I was knocked off my bike on Monday whilst in a cycle lane. Car driver reacted to his wife telling him to turn, so he turned left directly into me.

As I landed, I tw4tted my knees, one of which had just been operated on. I always wear a helmet and my Hein Gerick jacket and managed to avoid the wall on the junction.

Fair play to the driver, he stopped and was very apologetic.

But a traffic jams will always bring out the maximum toolness from a car driver. Combine it with morning tardiness and you can understand why I have at least 3 occasions a week where a car completely fails to see me and once every couple of months where a car actually makes contact with me.

how many times have you been knocked off now then ,seem to remember it was about 4 or 5 times a few months ago ,il dig out the thread ,you must be the unluckiest guy ever

here you go roger rabbit your post from the unluckiest man ever

In the past 12 months I have been knocked of my pushbike 3 times.

The Police don't care, especially when I tell them I was on my push bike!

I have had my push bike stolen twice in the same timeframe.

They sent a Forensics bloke out the second time who made a mess of my garage door and said that I should have had an alarm fitted. Ergo - my fault for having my Bike stolen.

I was even assaulted by a copper (I recorded it on my phone too), once again, the Police didn't care.

A mate of mine tw4tted a pi55ed bloke who was feeling up his Mrs. He explained to the Police who said yeah, we understand, but you're getting done anyway.

They pulled me over and accused me of racing because another car (Some unknown BMW) was right up my bumper and revving his engine. At no point did I break the speed limit (especially because my car had only been started literally 90 seconds before).

Another mate of mine got accused of trying to evade the Police by pulling into a gravelly grass track lane. The Officer in question refused to believe it was access to his house depite locking and unlocking the rear door.

I could carry on, but i'm boring you all.

smile.gif

He said he got knocked off his bike about 3 times a year , that was back in december , now he's been knocked of again , 4 months later , pretty consistent timing and maybe a bit unlucky I guess. you must have a concern for his safety bearing in mind you recall his previous cycling skirmishes .

I think that is most commendable and truly in the spirit of the club

This was the fourth time in two years, but it was also the worst as I was essentially picked up as my pedal pierced the front wing.

As the driver eventually braked, it flung me off and I landed on my knees, one of which had just been operated on 2 weeks ago (at the time of the accident).

The times I have been hit:

I finished an evening shift (1am) and was wearing high vis jacket with appropriate lighting. Pulled onto roundabout and signalled to exit. As I was exiting, car didn't bother stopping and drove into my back wheel. 'I didn't see you there'. I'm pretty sure he was over the limit as I could smell the booze on him when he pulled alongside. (1.00am, Etruria Road, Stoke)

Signalled to turn right and moved into the middle of the road in order to make the turn. Admittedly, I do this a good 6-8 seconds before I turn so that other cars see me. Car driver gets frustrated, beeps, and then tear ar5es past tw4tting my right arm with his wing mirror. This is the one that annoyed me the most as I got the reg plate and told the Police who weren't interested as soon as I told them I was on a push bike. (6.30pm, Elm Drive, Crewe)

Traffic jam so I always overtake on the right. Traffic is stationary. All of a sudden, bloke pulls out to overtake the stationary vehicles and get into the other lane at lights. He does so as i'm alongside him and I actually jump off the bike on the pavement on the other side of the road. (8.50am, Macon Way, Crewe)

And the one from the other day. I'm cycling along in the cycle lane (Going towards Nantwich). Again, slow moving traffic (6.15pm). Ironically, I had just had a go at another cyclist for running right through a red light (this is not only stupid for him, it raises animosity towards other cyclists). Doing about 15-20mph and all of a sudden I see left indicator come on the car i'm right alongside. I try to move out of the way, but I just get ploughed into. Lucky I was going reasonably quickly because I effectively bounced off and clear instead of going under the front. (Nantwich Road/Edward Street, Crewe)

So we have one pi55ed, one road rage, and two failure to use mirrors.

I would suggest everyone ride to work for a month at least. If you think you're vulnerable on a motorbike, on a push bike, it goes up another notch as traffic is so desperate to overtake, they tend to do daft things (although they don't try to stop you overtaking - probably because they haven't seen you!) :)

I love riding to work though - cheap and helps me keep fit.

roger rabbit if i was you i would wear a pump up sumo suit on my bike or wrap yourself in cushions ,you would probably be safer in that

though all of it does seem a bit far fetched tbh being knocked off so many times without serious injury and even the police incidents seem a bit to much to believe ,i was nocked of my bike when i was 11 years old i went accross the bonnet and through the windscreen of a mk3 cortina and on to the passengers lap then when the car hit the canal bank a flew out onto the grass bank (booth lane middlweich some time in 1981 i think about 6o'clock in the evening a monday from memory) ,beat that

roger if i was you i would wear a pump up sumo suit on my bike or wrap yourself in cushions ,you would probably be safer in that

though all of it does seem a bit far fetched tbh being knocked off so many times without serious injury and even the police incidents seem a bit to much to believe ,i was nocked of my bike when i was 11 years old i went accross the bonnet and through the windscreen of a mk3 cortina and on to the passengers lap then when the car hit the canal bank a flew out onto the grass bank (booth lane middlweich some time in 1981 i think about 6o'clock in the evening a monday from memory) ,beat that

I can (sort of|) beat that.

On my Yam 350LC, riding through a residential area. A car comes up the road going a bit quick then proceeds to turn into his own drive right in front of me. I hit the front wing, roll over the bonnet, through the glass and end up lying in the front passenger seat/footwell with my legs through the screen aperture across the bonnet. I'm perfectly ok except for a twisted thumb.

As I live and breathe, this is the honest truth...

I flip up my visor, turn to the driver who is a gibbering wreck covered in laminated glass shards and say...."Are you ok mate?..." :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Think I was in shock, although it was probably just the bravado of an 18yr old,,, :d

The bloke admitted liability, his neighbours (who all complained about the speed he usually drove up the street, were most helpful and 2 wrote witness statements indicating what had happened). I got paid up, sourced the bike parts cheaper through the trade and made a tidy profit.... :t-up:

roger rabbit if i was you i would wear a pump up sumo suit on my bike or wrap yourself in cushions ,you would probably be safer in that

Far fetched is up to you, but perhaps if you really try to not believe it (close your eyes and everything!), you can re-write the matrix and it won't have happened. I also do my best to mitigate the situation, not just wait to hit the ground!

As for the sumo suit - 4 weeks of doing next to feck all and i'm well on the way to getting it!

i was nocked of my bike when i was 11 years old i went accross the bonnet and through the windscreen of a mk3 cortina and on to the passengers lap

this explains so much wuv ;):d it's helped to make you the man you are today :yes: