Jesus Some People Should Not Be Allowed To Drive.

Matt Seabrook

How about we just say both parties are at fault to a varying degree, and move on?

Blige me Captain

I know sales are down 30% but your not helping yourself :laugh: :laugh:

Some car drivers get really upset if a bike filters past them. Looks to me like something happened before he kicks the car.

I've experienced people trying to knock me off my bike ,try not losing your temper when that happens.

We're all vulnerable out there , and it rips my knitting when I see people on phones, reading maps, shaving , applying make up ,which many of us see on a regular basis whilst driving.I'd like an amendment to the judicial process where we can put these people on a reservation and poison their water but thats just my inner liberal talking. ;)

First video, if the biker damaged the car, then he should be prosecuted for criminal damage. The car driver goes berserk, and attempts to run the biker down, and should be prosecuted for dangerous driving. Whatever went on before (verbals, bad driving etc) is irrelevant, except as to mitigation. Nothing excuses criminal behaviour, and both parties behaved in a criminal manner. No ifs or buts about it.

Second video, looks like attempted murder, but maybe there is more to it than meets the eye?

• Like 1

It's a fine line between popcorn sales and getting a thread locked... :laugh:

What reason is there in this post to lock this thread.

Are we as adults now not allowed to have different opinions without some one censoring us.

:bangshead:

At the end of the day the biker threw the first blow, came unstuck, end of story.

Disclaimer

No offence was meant in any part of my posts to anyone in particular.

I'm not Anti..........

And i will be glad to get my car back :t-up::laugh:

Calm down dear, it's only a boardroom. :laugh:

I think I see the problem - there's too much blood in your alcohol stream. I prescribe beer or wine, and lots of it. Trust me - I'm married to a doctor. :t-up: (That's true.)

To be honest I think they both need a glass of common sense. Both are at fault IMO the biker for criminal damage and the driver for assault. The driver is lucky she did not kill him or the assault charge could have been man slaughter/Murder. Like I said in the title some people should not be allowed to drive.

OK Captain, what is the story behind the second video?

OK Captain, what is the story behind the second video?

Driver was asked to move the boss's car, never driven an automatic before combined with the pressure of being the boss's car and very nervous...Robert's your father's brother.

And the driver was a young man - not a woman.

Needless to say, he got the sack.

Asian gent on ladder was shaken but fine.

Are you floggin booze as well as popcorn now captain. :d

Driver was asked to move the boss's car, never driven an automatic before combined with the pressure of being the boss's car and very nervous...Robert's your father's brother.

Needless to say, he got the sack.

Glad I dont work for him then. I must be honest I would not have sacked him my self. He would have had a right :swear: but sacking him if this was his first dumb thing ???

At the end of the day the biker threw the first blow, came unstuck, end of story.

Sorry, but that's not true as the video starts too late so no one on here knows quite what started this, it's quite likely that the driver had already aimed her car at him previously or steered towards him as he filtered past, either way what she then did was a massive over reaction that could have ended up with the death of the rider whereas she might have got a small dent in a wing, not exactly an eye for an eye...

sorry but that is just guessing

The video shows the biker kicking the car first

And as you say we dont know what caused the row in the first place.

Even if an arguement had occured the biker had no right to damage the car. It was just OTT

Look at the video, the rider decides to kick the car at that point, if something had happened further back up the road he would have damaged it much sooner.

As it stands the car driver went OTT without question and as i said before the biker damaged the car first and as a result got that very unexpected reaction to his assault

And as Matt said some people should not be able to drive and in this case neither of them should.

Perhaps it could be called a meeting of like minded people :laugh:

A touch bizarre at the least.

Why would someone randomly be filming this incident? did something happen that pre-empted this scenario? were they friends of the bikers who then was trying to show off?

The cars position at the start of the film would suggest that it was trying to obstruct the bikes progress and I reckon all parties have a case to answer , but , to totally lose it to the extent that the car driver did is pretty extreme.

I have done thousands of miles on bikes and that kind of behaviour (and I'm talking about general agressive behaviour to bikers from car drivers) is not unusual from a small minority of car drivers.

It is also not unusual for this small minority of car drivers act agressively when a biker whom they have just blocked/cut up or run off the road to then use their car as a weapon against the biker and make it a whole lot worse.

The initial incident is normally IMHE accidental but once the biker draws the car drivers attention to it (and this may only be as mild as a look of exasperation to the honk of the horn sounded to let the driver know the biker is actually there and not in rebuke) the car driver then retaliates.

I have also been deliberatly driven at/forced to change lanes and bullied by car drivers when riding a motorcycle.

This normally happens when filtering in traffic queus as some drivers seem to resent the bikers ability to make progress when they can't

I had an incident many years ago whilst crossing Putney Bridge in London which illustrates this.

The traffic on my side of the road was queued and moving slowly (10mph at most) and the traffic on other side was very light.

I was taking the opportunity to use the lack of traffic on the other side to filter, timing the moves past the traffic on the left with appraoching traffic as the bridge is quiet narrow.

I was doing between 15-20 mph and had seen an HGV come up onto the bridge (I was about a third of the way across) chosen a large gap to filter into on my side of the road to let it pass.

The gap was infront of a silver Ford Granada Scorpio and behind a large white box van.

As I moved to the left to take up the space infront of the Scorpio the driver accelerated into the gap right up behind the white van giving me nowhere to go, this was a deliberate and agressive manouver, the traffic on my side was still moving slowly so maintaining the gap would not have been an inconvienience for him and there was no way that the driver could not have seen me as I was infront of the car as he closed the gap.

I was now along side the O/S front wing of the Scorpio about a foot over the white line with a large vehicle approaching.

In my left mirror I could see the driver of the Scorpio had is arm out of the window and was giving me the w***er sign, he then began to move over to the right delibertly forcing me further into the path of the approaching lorry.

With no option but to stop (couldn't get past the white van infront of the Scorpio) because of the approaching lorry the driver of the Scorpio continued forward and then the traffic came to a stop with me opposite his open driver window.

He was leaning out hurling abuse at me and trying to push the bike over with his right arm.

I was, as you can imagine, a little miffed at this and was looking for a way out when I saw that, attached to the ignition key was a HUGE bunch of keys.

By this time the lorry was inching past and I had to lean over towards the Scorpio to give lorry driver a bit more room, the Scorpio driver was enjoying the moment so much he was a bit slow to react to me leaning over a bit more and removing the keys from the ignition.

I waved the keys infront of his face to which he replyed "You'r not going to do anything stupid with those are you?"

I said "Not if you appologise for what you have just done" to which he suggested I go forth and multiply.

By this time the traffic had started move off again and the lorry had passed, the Scorpio driver the tried to get out of the car but the bike was right up against the door so he could not.

He was now shouting and swearing and in a right temper.

I obliged him by "not doing anything stupid" with the keys and handed them in to Putney Police station where I made a full statement.

I figured it would have been "stupid" to give them back to him and the Police Station was the safest place for them.

It was my intention to throw the keys in the river but, hey that would have made me as bad as he was..................

Chaz.

• Like 2