• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Rockingham Trackday 7Th April

matt nossiter

Did you get any dry track at all Steve?

It was wet when we arrived and very slippy, had one car spin behind me on the sighting laps :oops: . By late morning we had a 90% dry track and felt pretty good but it rained again over lunchtime so I swapped the slicks for wets and it only really dried out again as the final flag came out.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• matt nossiter

• SteveH

• CL290005

• Cleggy the Spyder Man

Cleggy good to see you again, did not realize you were so busy with your camera, but you did not get this!

IMG_3404.jpg

It was wet when we arrived and very slippy, had one car spin behind me on the sighting laps :oops: . By late morning we had a 90% dry track and felt pretty good but it rained again over lunchtime so I swapped the slicks for wets and it only really dried out again as the final flag came out.

The first time we went to Rockingham the sighting laps were cold and wet.. I struggled to keep the car pointing in the right direction at pace car ..er.. pace! :blush:

Which circuit were you using?

Nice pics Cleggy. :yes:

Had a really great day and was good to meet Steve, Matt, Chris and Cleggy, who took the time to seek me out!

My first experience in the wet and managed to find the gravel trap within a few minutes of starting and I was hardly pushing it! Learnt fast after that but it was certainly very slippy out there and it was difficult to push on with any confidence.

Late morning / lunchtime saw the track dry nicely and the Seven's came alive, as the rubber started to bite and we could really start to brake late and hard and throw our cars in to the twisties. Was a huge amount of grin-inducing fun although had a bit of a moment when I just about avoided Matt, as he spun out in front of me in a narrow left-hander, after catching one of the few remaining damp patches. Will post the video evidence up soon mate! :)

More rain over lunchtime and conditions were once again very tricky, resulting in many a spin-out by a fair number of drivers throughout the afternoon. As the end of the day approached, conditions improved and the last couple of laps saw the track once again coming back to us but just too late to get the best out of it. Another hour would have been perfect!

Pictures and some video to follow in a few days!

Steve

Well that was an entertaining day ! , hopefully you all enjoyed my many spins ! , although I do put one of those down to a deflating tyre ! .

The track was very slippy when it was wet and quite interesting seeing how fast you could take the banked corner .

SteveH , thanks for all the advise ( I was trying to put it into pratice although it might not of looked like it ! ) , the use of your compressor and tools for my tyre changes , and for the passenger ride which is always educational and entertaining ! , although I thought you could of got it a bit more sideways !

Chris , enjoyed it as usual , although we never seem to be able run together , next time we will have to make sure we exit the pits together so we can have battle on track .Was nice to meet Nathan ( think you might have to start hiding your car keys unless you want Nathan driving all the time , think he enjoyed it ) ,and hope your back finally gets back to normal .

Steve , nice to meet you and have a chat , your car looks nice ... and fast , thanks for the tyres and hope you had a good journey home . I didnt realise you had video evidence of one of my spins ! :blush: .

Cleggy , good to see you again and some cracking photos , next time we meet I hope to see you driving on track !

And thanks to Mike at Apex for another well run and enjoyable day , hope to do a few more with you this year ( although can we have a dry sunny day next time ! )

So ...... when and which track are we doing next ?

Steve / Chris , pm sent

Cleggy good to see you again, did not realize you were so busy with your camera, but you did not get this!

IMG_3404.jpg

good to see you too - next time I will be driving for sure - bet he was rather peeved :(

SteveH , thanks for all the advise ( I was trying to put it into pratice although it might not of looked like it ! ) , the use of your compressor and tools for my tyre changes , and for the passenger ride which is always educational and entertaining ! , although I thought you could of got it a bit more sideways !

Now you know how I managed to keep it pointing forwards :laugh: . Don't forget your homework!

Hi Steve, Matt, Steve, Mike and Cleggy,

Glad to see you all got back safely nice to see some old faces and always nice to see some new :t-up: seemed a good crowd of people shame Mike did not get a bit more support in his pool of customers as its always a good day with him.

Matt you are right Nathan has got the bug and wants a car however his current family circumstance means he will likely be tagging along with me when he can. I was pleased in how he drove as it was his first track day and first time in a rear wheel drive car with no car assistance, we will have to get him some driver training at the next meeting. Having said all that he was quick to catch the car on the slippy corners, he always seemed to be a fast learner!

Thanks for asking about the back, I felt in quite a bit of disscomfort on the afternoon, got back and straight in the bath, after off loading good night rest and so far seems much improved. Think I need to be careful but I really wanted to do Rockingham, would like to go back again in the dry, as the Sevens came alive at this point.

Lots of spins when it was slippy, inc you Matt but we know generally how good you are so I would put it down to that screw and a deflating tyre. Would be interesting to see the videos, SteveH especially the BMW on your rear view camera :laugh: as he was just in front of us, not sure if any one got the AM going into the gravel that was a bit of a shame for such a nice car however you know the risks, nice to see the marshalls take great care getting him out.

Thanks again to Mike (8Pots) and his crew for organising an interesting day hope to see you again with that V8 westfield animal! :yes:

Hope the next time I am out its with the ST engine and producing a lot more power, then perhaps I may be able to drive with you Matt, but if you keep getting homework think I am on no win anyway :cry:

Bit of video

, this was late morning in the dry with Matt in front.

I've managed to delete the file with the BMW spinning on the sighting laps :blush: but I'll get some wet laps up later as well.

You did alright there Steve once I'd shown you the way round :o ! , you still need to work on your lines though :laugh: . good vid :t-up:

Cheers Matt, appreciate the help :d

a few wet laps.

Well Steve H's vids show you how to do it ! :)

Here are a few of my "learning the ropes" efforts plus some stills of the car in action. Second video down has Matt and Steve flying past me plus Matt's spin-out due to his deflating tyre!

Great day and would love to go back under dryer circumstances!!

Rockingham%201.jpg

Rockingham%202.jpg

Rockingham%203.jpg

http://youtu.be/Mixm0BffMdU

http://youtu.be/3nY1_hZ5CeA

Steve,

good and interesting videos, sure Matt will love these!

we will need you on the next outing for more recording.

Nice to meet you both and hope to see you again.

Chris

Car sounds great there Steve, nice work. Good catch on Matt's spin as well :laugh: