Thames Valley Sports Car Day

shaun

Blatman

I contacted Jeff this morning about Westies attending after Shaun (Thames Valley AO) asked me for info about the meet.

He said 'The more the merrier'.

But I agree with your comments about the numbers.

It wouldn't be good for Westfields to outnumber the c******ms.

:blush:

Cheers

David

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blatman

• shaun

• david.c

• mmmmdonuts

It wouldn't be good for Westfields to outnumber the c******ms.

Oh it would, but I can see how it would rankle too...........

At long last ......... the collective name for a group of c a t e r h a m owners " a rankle"  ;)  :p  :D  :)

A rankle of catrham drivers .........  ;)  :p  :D  :)

Thanks for the offer of the holley's David, i've got a 600cfm sitting in the garage waiting to be fitted, just waiting to fit the nitrous to my new manifold and then they'll go on together.

I'll probably see you at the Penn meet then. (must remember to take my Lotus 7 Club membership card)

I should get there.  Lets hope for good weather.

I may also have found another recruit from Bracknell who was on the Yahoo Westfield discussion board (doesn't get quite as many posts as this one).

See you there,

Stuart

Has anyone been to this day before?  Just wondering how many other cars are going to be there.  Sounds like there will be a few Jags if it is organised by the Jag enthusiasts club, but what else?

Hopefully some Westfields

Don't know what cars will be there - we'll soon find out.

Stuart - Hope you had a good time in Florida.  I was out there myself last year E A S Y  L I F E - perfect westy weather.

Shaun

Shaun

Are we all meeting up before hand and arriving as one, or is it simply make your own way there ?

The sight of 10 Westies coming screaming into the car park would be a little intimidating for the Jag guys  :D, but we'd certainly get noticed !

We can do......

Where do you suggest?

Just had an email from the organiser who has said that there will be a mixture of all sorts of cars.

Over 200 last year but obviously it depends on the weather.

Morgans, Lotus, Jaguars, Porsches, Mazdas, TVRs, etc etc etc

In that case we definately need to arrive in a convoy so we all park up together and really make an impression :D Should look quite nice with 10 or so Westies in a line.

How about all meeting up at the usual meeting point (Old Devil pub) about 11:30 ish, and then blasting down together ?

BTW, did you deploy the parachute after you left, or did the tent remain firmly fixed to the rollbar ?

BBC website is currently saying thunderstorms Friday, light showers Saturday, then sunny intervals Sunday.  Lets hope they are right for once!   :cool:

My passenger was in charge of the parachute, just encase I decided to do any dangerous overtaking manoeuvres  :0  ???

OK we have two choices for Hambleden

1. For those wishing to arrive at Hambleden together we'll meet at the Old Devil at 11am and leave 11:30am prompt.

2. Otherwise we'll meet at Hambleden from noon onwards.

I'll send out some emails.

I'll be in Marbella..........

Don't know if I'm :)   or :(  about that......................

Looks like the weather in Marbella is going to be ****e.........

Oh well..................paella anyone................