Has This Forum Become Paid Up Members Only?

shaun

Sold my westy back in 2004 and like to visit the boardroom occasionally mainly to keep contact with what is happening in the community. Can no longer a access my profile or even do a search. What has happened?

Look at other sections for discussion

Members now have search and other facilities etc

Appreciate if someone can point me in the right direction, as for some reason can't search or see my profile, comes up with error message.

I think you'll find most of the answers you're looking for in the Questions about Membership section, but briefly and with no desire to start yet another debate to stimulate snack food sales, non-paying forum users cannot do a direct search within the boardroom (use Google) and can't customise their profiles. This may or may not be altered at some unknown point in the future dependant upon debate taken by and within the committee.

and everything else for use of the WSCC Boardroom is still totally FREE and fully open to everyone to provide and obtain as much information as they wish ;):)

• Like 1

Yeah. Forgot to add that. But then I am doped to the eyeballs on diazepam for back pain. Thanks Mark. :)

Sorry don't understand why I have to be fully paid up member to access my profile and do search's, surely this is no way for attracting new members. To be honest I have certainly done my bit for the WSCC over the years, but now have no intention in paying £30 a year for occasional catch up on the forum. Seems a shame, as I am sure that many people like myself will gradually distance themselves from the the WSCC.

Would love to argue the toss about this with you Shaun, but frankly this dead horse has been flogged flat since the new boardroom launched. There are conflicting views on both sides of the coin. Being realistic, the only difference between the old and new setups are:

> Cant do free searches using the tools the boardroom pays for, although a quick use of Google would provide the same info from the boardroom

> Cant make a snazzy glitzy show-offy profile page

> Errr...That's it. You can still post do for free. Can't see a major issue at all.

This is the polite version.

• Like 2

aye aye Cap'n :d

You are not paying £30 to be able to search and put up a photo or flog something ..... :laugh::) neither would I :laugh:

Best two answers yet...

Paying the yearly subscription has little to do with using the search (although in my experience, plenty of people couldn't use it anyway, no matter how much they had paid :devil:) and altering the profile in use.

And it's just occurred to me... this new Boardroom uses members proflies to ensure the magazine is delivered to the correct address, and allows members to make address changes themselves rather than have to email it to the Membership Secretary. It may well be that it is easier to lock out non member profiles ensuring that the only addresses seen in the database *must* therefore be valid members who are entitled to a magazine / calendar etc etc... or maybe not... :suspect:

• Like 1

if your a occasional user why do you need to search anyway ,you can still visit us all on here , its your choice if you want to pay or not , what pee's me off is when forum users still go to wscc meetings use the forum attend club events etc and still dont pay for membership ,the membership fee is helping the club actually excist , the membership does far more than let you search on here

• Like 2

if your a occasional user why do you need to search anyway ,you can still visit us all on here , its your choice if you want to pay or not , what pee's me off is when forum users still go to wscc meetings use the forum attend club events etc and still dont pay for membership ,the membership fee is helping the club actually excist , the membership does far more than let you search on here

totally agree with that.

The club needs its members, otherwise theres not only no forum, theres no club... you scratch the clubs back, the members scratch yours. :d

i would like to say a BIG THANKS for letting me post and be a part of your club as a non paying member,you have all been helpful and friendly,think my self lucky to be a part of it ,cheers :)

• Like 2

Timmeh has it spot on

No membership fee means no club as we know it including this Forum. Thats why I support people who pay up. I also will help anyone if I can hoping they will become paid up members and support the club rather than have a free ride

• Like 2