Windscreen Fitting On Fw Body

Doug Dastardly

Andy

If it helps, I drilled straight through the groove in the scuttle and the heater ducting, then push the wires through and sealed up top & bottom with silicone. I'm close to getting on the road - hopefully next week for a pre-IVA MOT - so don't know it there are any down stream issues, but I have sprayed lots of water at the screen to test the wipers and no leaks so far.

Jon

Cheers Jon.

Got seats and carpets in today, so hopefully not far behind you!

You mention in your blog that you used some type of foam insulation to pack out the scuttle groove, which sounds like a good idea to me, as mine looks a bit gappy.

Can you tell me what you used, as having being round the local hardware stores today, I can't seem to find anything suitable.

Andy

Andy,

10mm x 2mm self adhesive neoprene foam from ebay ~£2.50 for 10m

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Neoprene-rubber-self-adhesive-strip-10mm-x-2mm-x-10m-/170796415800?pt=UK_DIY_Materials_Plumbing_MJ&hash=item27c4427b38#ht_681wt_1037

I ran it all the way along the lower edge of the screen and then a second layer between the heater wires

Jon

• Like 1

Hi Andy,

I managed to drill holes in the groove just on the edge of the ducting for the wires. The positive plugs into the loom and I used a tunnel top bolt as an earth.

Best advice I can give you is take your time and plenty of trial fitting. Good luck.

Doug

• Like 1