The Stafford show

Westfields Rock On

Will,

Number of cars depends on the weather.  I think that the record is 17 Westies, but next meet is on Feb 28th and there may not be any at this time of year.  Not being a member is no problem but you will need to join if you want to do any track/airfield/other events with us.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mark Stanton

• Westfields Rock On

• will maskell

• Chris Elworthy

Sorry Chris - it's me just wanting a better deal for all kit car drivers turning up..

You see most of the other shows either give free entry or at least a discount to folks turning up in their kit car and wanting to view the items on sale.

That seems like a good deal, the organisers get an excellent external display for those taking the effort to turn up.  :D

But Stafford organisers Limelight don't appear to offer anything in return for all those hardy souls turning up in their Kit cars.  :(

I hope I am wrong and the organisers will decide to offer a discount on the cost of show entry.  ???

Although as you say it is free to park up and a "the crack".  :p . Just a pity mines up on the trailer getting ready for Loton on 31 March.  :cool:

...anyone going down to Stafford from North Derbys, South Yorks areas and fancy meeting up for a convoy?

Can I suggest a meet up at say Chesterfield ?

yeah same anyone going from gloucester or passing through on route,convoy would be great rather than on ones own yah!

please let me know.

cheers

will

p.s cheers stuart.membership funds in the post!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Last years show really was crap, but that could have been due to Stafford being an agricultural showground, and the area being badly hit by foot and mouth disease. However I was told its not normally much better. Stafford also differs from all the other shows I attend in that entrance to the car parking and general/club display area is free (inc general public), you simply pay to enter the show hall, so it doesnt matter what youve come in,you pay. And just out of interest I was wondering what happened to the Westy driver and car that had just piled into the trees, as I returned home, about 2 miles from the showground last year, another WF was with him and others  were in attendance so I didnt interfere, but It did look a mess. Regards, Brian.

FREE ENTRY FOR KIT CAR DRIVERS..That’s what the advert in Januarys Which-Kit says, the new X…whatever Westfield thingy will also be there to view so it can’t all be bad..

Just a thought here but with all these derogatory remarks being spread about should we not stop to consider the consequences. The organisers are just ordinary people trying to make a living like all of us and if they get hold of this thread I suspect a good case for libel could be made.

Sure, it’s not as big as Stonleigh or as friendly as say Newark but it’s a show and a good opportunity to have a day out and further the cause.

I thought we were all going anyway to put on a show for ourselves and maybe then we can give the organisers some stick if its not up to scratch.

It has always said free entry to kit car drivers, but get to the show hall entry and you might have to pay, it's free to park up.

Contentious threads, not really - "Truth has no study"

I really do hope Limelight give some thought to at least a discount to all those hardy souls driving to Stafford in cold March with their pride and joys on display (not just W*******ds) and if they do offer free show entry then bl**** marvellous - jobs a good un and Thank you - More cars on display = more to see = bigger attraction = more public through the doors.

OK, sorry WestyF if my opinions appear to attack the organisers of the show, Not your employers I hope, but they were not intended to be malicious or offending. However I think as an individual I have a right to address your comments.  (1)   People are considering travelling (poss 100 + if this thread is anything to go by) miles to visit this show, and are asking for peoples opinions.    (2) Every year there is a large turnover in individual membership of a club like this and many have not been to certain events before  (3)   The number of Kitcars and their drivers attending any show is proportional to its success and last year I counted approx 6 westfields, 3 cobras, 6 robin hoods etc, etc + the indoor cars

for sale  ???.   (4) Has anyone posted any positive comments about last years show?  (5) libelous ? I dont think so.    Anyway Its only my opinion, and Im still going but I do only live 1/2 hr away

Sorry Brian

Im travelling from Doncaster to he show if say about 8 or 9 westies can be bothered to go.

Which KIT? says that entry is free (January issue pg63).

Im not going with the most attractive westy im just going to:-

i  see about parts

ii meet new people

iii see what the show is like

iv go for a razz.

I hope some people dicide to go.

cheers

ps i wouldn't mind meeting up with other westies from the s yorks area on the way.

:cool:

Feel like I am doing Limelights promoting here but I'm only trying to clarify things so I cut & pasted this info from their website. ( www.limelight-exhibitions.co.uk )

"You'll find the Stafford County Showground located just north of Stafford itself. From the M6 motorway, go off at junction 14 and head east for a couple of miles until you see the Showground signs. Entrance prices for this big event are £8 for adults, £4 for senior citizens and children under 14, and £18 for family tickets (2+2). Toddlers get in free, as do drivers of kit cars."

If the weathers anything like here in North Derbys that weekend none of us will be going anywhere!

If it is truly free for kit car drivers then - Yippee and thank you Limelight.

Having visited the event for the last 12 years +, if previous events are anything to go by, personally I won't be paying £8 entry. Limelight have had this show under their umbrella for about 4 years now and still no improvement over that of the previous organisers - perhaps if it was moved to a "warmer" month - attendance by drivers and displays would improve.

Its make your mind up time folks.

Do you want to vote on the Crapometer ?

If enough interest finally from this area I will confirm meet venue and time for the Sunday.

Happy Mothers Day

Well I was hoping to go, but I'm still waiting for my V5 (don't even know what my reg no. will be yet)! :angry:

The VRO said 7-10 days and it's now 12 days. :angry:  Going down there later to find out what the #### is holding it up. :angry:

As long as I get the details through in time though, and as long as it's dry, I'll be there.

smayo

...anyone going down to Stafford from North Derbys, South Yorks areas and fancy meeting up for a convoy?

Can I suggest a meet up at say Chesterfield ?

What time and where?

Don’t want to get to Stafford on my own because (a) I’m shy ;-), (b) I’m a wimp, © it’s more fun in convoy and (d) we’ve got a better chance of blagging a discounted entry - even if it’s only a slight chance.

I’m currently planning to depart Jacksdale (between M1 J27 and J28) Saturday about 1000hrs, joining the Southbound A38 at the Alfreton turn-off (about 2 A38 exits south of M1 J28) at approximately 1015hrs. I’d prefer to go in convoy but I can’t guarantee anything because Liza (my wife) is 8 months pregnant (if you’ve been there, then you’ll know how it is).

I’m currently running in limited at 4krpm (= an “indicated” – i.e. I’m really not sure about my speedo at the mo’ - 80mph in top), so I’d understand if you wanted to give me a headstart.