Swindon?

geofff

Thanks. That would be great! Feel free to email me at work (Matthew Boulton). You may well see my BMW(s) on the bottom floor of the multistory. This week a silver coupe with a number plate as per my user name. Moving that onto my blue touring when I break it in a couple of weeks though.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• M444TTB

• geofff

• Tom Frankland (T3OMF)

• the stoat

I'm in Sherston, just outside of Malmesbury.

I used to live in Swindon - Woodhall Park.

Mike

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

Didn't make last month but will make this Thurday if that is the correct day?

Thanks Stuart for the info on Andy H :)

I am half way through a garage clearout and have found the following things so far:

zetec valve stem seals - pack of unopened with some gaskets inside as well

a couple of racetech guages - one is oil one water I think

black plastic moulded guage holder

some tell tale dashboard lights

english axle to diff gaskets

Caterham Super 7 seat in moulded black plastic

zetec sandwich oil take off plate and cooler - unused

There are other things to come. I'm not sure whether it's worth using an oil cooler on the Blade engine, anyone? but the sandwich plate and oil lines will definitely not be needed.

All available for beer tokens if you're based in Swindon. First come first served :)

Ta

Geofff

As luck would have it, I stopped by to check on Combe this weekend and saw this thread.

Good to see you're still around Geoff. Still racing the Westfield?

Happy to repay all your assistance when I had the Westfield with a flight if you're interested :)

Andy

Hi Andy :)

I did fifteen hours in microlights before going into racing. So we're doing the reverse of each other! Where do you fly out of? Maybe meet up for a beer.

Not racing at the moment, sold the WF racer but I may get something after completing the Blade. Don't know what yet :)

Good luck

Geofff :)

I fly with RAF Lyneham Flying Club, been operating out of Kemble since Lyneham closed.

Another change since we were seeing a lot of each other is the birth of Catrin. She's 3 now, and that means my 'off out for a quick beer' days are pretty much over for a while at least!

I am allowed to go flying a couple of times a month. If you fancy a flight in a realaircraft (none of this microlight tent on a pole stuff!) then give me a shout :)

Andy

Hah,

I can out do you on the Catrin front - Emrys was born six weeks ago and I startrd in on the Megablade build seven weeks ago :) You've got to get your priorities right!

Ta

Geofff :)

Wow, congratulations!

Hopefully we can catch up soon.

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

I'm another one that is Swindon(ish) these days... I moved down from NW London a few years back and now live in Calne.

I've not had a Westie for a few years (Cerbera these days) but still lurk here from time to time.

M

(Cerbera these days) but still lurk here from time to time.

Nice motor those...... :t-up: :t-up:

My car is nearly back together, once it is, ill get in tax. (also got 3 track days in 3 days at the end of the month :) )

Thinking about Stoneleigh Kit Car Show and a possible Swindon Convoy. Who would be interested in joining??

I'm on for the Swindon convoy, Tom. Was thinking the same thing.

How about, if its not going to rain!!! We could meet at mine or somewhere else in Swindon on the Sunday and leave about 10ish, then we could be there for 1ish.

Chris (Swindon Carpentry) and I are planning on camping and coming back on Monday.

Rain shouldn't be a problem - if the westy isn't finished I'll be taking the land rover, which is just as waterproof!