Cambridge Area Wales Raid. 14Th - 17Th June

chazpowerslide

Looking forward to this now. Need to get the westy out of hibernation and taxed and MOT'd next week.

Just need to decide if I leave the aeroscreen on or go all soft and fit the screen and roof again. Probably the latter as it's wales ;-))

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• markcoopers

• housebeautician

• Cleggy the Spyder Man

• chazpowerslide

Take the screen off and get yourself one of those rubber gimp suits. Remember this is a fun weekend and we all need a laught.

my god you are reminding me of when I went diving last year. I looked like a cross between a bloated whale and a sea lion.

Routes and instructions sent so if any of you local Wales boys want the details pm me with an email address.

My weather forecast says bright sunshine all weekend.

I like an optimist

The latest weather forecast is looking seriously crap. Gales and rain Friday and Saturday around Brecon area according to the met office !!!

I have spent a fair bit of time cycling these roads in the past. In the sun they are amongst the best anywhere - but when it rains - boy does it rain.

Can we move it back a week ? ??? Mind you the forecast for the bank holiday weekend seemed to completely change (for the worse !) 24 hours beforehand so there is some hope yet :)

I had planned to get the car MOt'd this morning but hasn't stopped raining yet !! :(

whoever is dancing - please stop now -- we need a summer .. :angry:

Positive thinking chaps. Let's will the sun out.

Of course, my car has a roof so I'm not fussed, just thinking of the rest of you. ;)

I guess no one else fancies leaving a bit earlier per my email last week?

Paul and Lindy will be coming down by themselves a bit later in the evening

I am probably going to be meeting up with you 5ish folk at Brampton hut unless there is a major advantage (according to the forecast at the time) of leaving earlier

either way I don't care what the weather does - it cannot be worse than our cottesmoore experience - can it? ;-0

Just make you take a wet and dry vac and an all in 1 rubber gimp suit, you'll be fine........

I'll be getting soaked watching the motoGP on Sunday, so you'd better avoid the A43 on your way back.

Enjoy

David and Alan are making their own way, likewise Paul and Lindy.

Not sure about Dick and his mate, or Tony.

Jason, Cleggy, me will be the 5pm crew by the looks of things, that said Sam I will see what I can do about getting away earlier?

I have some 3 or so local Wales chaps meeting us on the Friday/Saturday, I just have the routes to email over and print out for my memory.

Unfortunately Sparky has had to pull out due to a number of reasons, so we have a spare bed if anyone else wants to come along?

David I would of loved to move it, but to be honest I have this weekend and holiday booked and have no idea of the accommodation flexibility.

I spoke to cleggy earlier and it looks like we are leaving at 5 ish from brampton which i am ok with, it may be better to leave earlier only for the reason that the headlights are crap on the westy, and as for the weather i dont care if it rains really. Although cleggy has just put the kiss of death on it ;):laugh: :laugh:

Looking forward to this :yes: