• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Rockingham Trackday

Andrew

just got the confirmation email through and suggests a 98db noise limit might have to look into quieten induction down :oops:

just got the confirmation email through and suggests a 98db noise limit might have to look into quieten induction down :oops:

You'll be alright, just keep it flat and breath in as you go past he noise meter :p:d

Bad news chaps, looks like this event has been canceled :cry:

Chris from Circuit Days has emailed me in response to my asking him to confirm the full detail of noise testing there for 2012 (they ran a day there a couple of weeks ago so I figured he'd have the current info rather than us assuming it would be the same as previous years). He spoke with Rockingham and from what I understand they have now decided that unless you can pass 98db static, you are not allowed on track - no chance at the driveby as had been previously indicated :no: .

Chris knew that many of us would struggle and he had another group coming that would be in the same situation so he's had to pull the event, no point running it and having half the entrants chucked off!

He will be in touch with all those that have booked but he's told me that while full refunds will obviously be available, as an alternative he will give a credit against any other event up to a max value of £199. That means we end up with a £199 trackday for £135 so maybe a bit of good news in the end.

There are a couple that I had a eye on, Oulton on June 12th is up for £229 so presumably would cost £30 to upgrade to or if anyone wants a proper trackday weekend then we can do the WSCC day at Blyton on Friday July 20th and then Anglesey on the 22nd!

Anyone got any thoughts or preferences?

Steve H

Oh b*******! :down: Was looking forward to this one.

If i don't go for a refund, the only Circuit days date I think I can do, is the Oulton Park day, June 12th. :t-up: :t-up:

B****cks ! , same here , was really looking forward to it .

You know my thoughts on doing a double header with Blyton Steve , I'm up for it .......... mind you , think it'll mean about 11 hours travelling to get to the two and back again !

, and they would both be overnighters

thats a b******* :(

but better than turning up and getting booted off as not a way in the world mine would get by any drive by , Ive ordered an airbox from caterham so will come in handy at some point this year no doubt.

Im up for another date, any circuit but dont fancy an airfield as my paintwork is still prestine :blush:

That's a double B****er for me as I have not booked but was going if my back had cleared up so I have lost out on the discount and a day at Rockingham :bangshead:

Steve can't do Oulton on 12th too close to LeMans, could be up for the double though!

I fancy the Anglesey anyway TBH and if a few of you are up for the Oulton as well then I'm sure I can find my way there.

I would prob be up for Oulton as well , Do you need me to show around Oulton for a few laps until you find your way Steve :d:oops:

If anyone fancies doing Rockingham, we are there on Easter saturday 7 April on the international supersportscar layout. We can do members a 10% discount using a discount code of APEX1210 which will get the price down from £195 to £175.

Ours is a 103db static noise day.

Unfortunately, our wscc approved days at Mallory are a non starter now as they have been double booked with a motorcycle track day.

Mike

Matt, you need to get those slicks on and I might not be able to stay with you!

I'd been really looking forward to the day at Rockingham so if anyone fancies the day with Apex I might be persuadable.........

Matt

how does 7th work for you I am sure my back will be ok, should know by end of this week after the physio, if you can ask Bricktopper I will see if Adam is game on

Mike will let you know shortly

Chris

I'd been really looking forward to the day at Rockingham so if anyone fancies the day with Apex I might be persuadable.........

Me too Steve, (and finally meeting a few of you of course) and I'd emailed Mike a little earlier to find out what the score is.

Only possible issue is that I really wanted to bring my lad along to his first trackday but he's not 16 until 8th, i.e the day after! Think 16 is the minimum age but have asked Mike to confirm. However SWMBO has said she's possibly up for it and if so, I'll take the boy to Castle Combe, with Apex, on 30th April.

Watch this space!

Steve

Chris , Steve

The 7th looks good and 103 db is abit more realistic for me , waiting to hear from bricktopper but I think he's not looking at doing anything till May . Are we booking this ?

Matt,

Adam can't do this I will send Mike a mail, can't book anything until after physio on Friday, will be intouch but I would like to go

Chris