• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Rockingham Trackday

Andrew

It's a bit early to be booking anything, but I was just looking at trackdays for this year, and came across this tasty little date. :)

Friday 27th April with Circuit days. It's using the long circuit in the morning and the BTCC circuit in the afternoon. Having done both layouts, they're both pretty dam good!

As I said, it's a bit early to talk about booking up, but is there any interest? :t-up:

http://www.circuit-d...o.uk/tracks.asp

Wanted to go there last year but never got round to it but would definatley be interested in going this year

Whats it like running up on the oval part of the track ?

Wanted to go there last year but never got round to it but would definatley be interested in going this year

Whats it like running up on the oval part of the track ?

Hi Matt, The parts of the circuit that use the oval are OK.. both layouts, I think, use only one "banked" corner. It's only a few degrees of banking, nothing to worry about. :t-up:

For me though, the attraction is the infield track. There are some superb corners! :cool: .. and while it's no Cadwell, there's enough elevation change to make it entertaining. :cool:

Thought I'd get a bit more interest in this,, too early? ???:suspect:

would have but it is our year end so will be stocktaking :down::no:

Spoke to Steve at the WSCC Cottesmore trackday and he said its a good track that tends to get overlooked .

The only problem for me is the noise limit of 98db , last time out mine measured 100db ! , looks like I'm repacking my silencer before I go there !

would have but it is our year end so will be stocktaking :down::no:

Bad luck Cleggy. :( .. Have you noticed there are some trackdays at RAF Wittering now on Javelin's website. Maybe needs checking out by the local Peterborough crew? Cottesmore replacement? :t-up:

Spoke to Steve at the WSCC Cottesmore trackday and he said its a good track that tends to get overlooked .

The only problem for me is the noise limit of 98db , last time out mine measured 100db ! , looks like I'm repacking my silencer before I go there !

Ah yes.. Last time we were there, there were a couple kicked off for noise. One has since been fitted with a "cabbage cannon" to silence in the intake. :cool: 'tother was a fireblade.

I've seen plenty of bike engined cars there that have no problems, so it must be do-able. :t-up:

Bad luck Cleggy. :( .. Have you noticed there are some trackdays at RAF Wittering now on Javelin's website. Maybe needs checking out by the local Peterborough crew? Cottesmore replacement? :t-up:

wow that's cool - will go check it out - thanks for the heads up :yes:

I could probably be tempted into a day at Rockingham, the two different layouts is a good plan :t-up:

I could probably be tempted into a day at Rockingham, the two different layouts is a good plan :t-up:

If you can drag Stoney along, and I twist Jeff C's arm, we could have some fun.. 'course you'll have to wind back the boost a bit to give us a chance. ;):t-up::cool:

You were doing well until the last bit :d

I've mentioned it to Stoney.

Just heard back from Stoney he's booked the day off. Talk about keen, I only told him about it this morning ??? .

• Like 1