January Carbon Clearance Offer

Tillett Car Seats

B3.5-racing-seat.jpg

6 seats available

Gloss Carbon with Tillett embroidered headrest

£199+ VAT - a 30% saving

£10 carriage per seat or collect from Edenbridge in Kent.

The B3.5 is an ultra light weight single skin seat weighing only 1.8 kgs.

It is the front half of a B4. It does not have the bonded GRP backframe or bottom fixings. that turn it into a B4.

The seat is offered to those looking for the best looking and lightest seat on the market. This seat has been fitted to the red SBD Westfield that won class H this year driven by Matt Hillam.

Because it is single skin it needs to be carefully supported in the car.

It comes with bolts and cup washers to attach to alloy strip supports at the back and sides that you would need to fabricate. Alternatively you can support on injected expanded foam. Or if you want to be creative and occupy yourself on dark winters nights, fabricate your own GRP back support.

To order PM us or call the office on 01732 865 635. All major credit cards accepted except AMEX. No credit card charge.

B35radical.jpgB35.jpg

• Like 1

You do need to think a bit carefully about it.

Most of our seats, such as the B6, are with a backframe so sufficiently self supporting to have threaded inserts in the sides or bottom for runners or side brackets. The advantage of this is that the seat can be moved back and forth if on runners and fittment is straightforward. But the seats are heavier and more costly.

Because the B3.5 does not have these, you cannot just drop the seat in and sit in it or it would flex and there is a risk it would crack.

Normally customers would fit a support to the top back of the seat and and a couple of supports to the lower sides and front lip. These can be alloy bar that is bolted to the seat one end (cup washers supplied) and to the chassis at the other end.

Or you can get a bin liner, put in the car, hold the seat in position and fill the bin liner with expanding foam. Take the seat out and trim the foam to clean up. You then have a strong and even support for the seat.

The most important is that the seat is supported.

These seats won't be for everyone.

If you need the seat on runners they would probably not be suitable without you spending time making your own backframe type support.

However if you want the seat fixed, want to be very light, want a top carbon finish and are prepared to spend a bit of time carefully fitting, then they represent extraordinary value for money.

• Like 1

Adrian.

I'm mindful of the delay on your seats and apologise.

I was actually checking on yours this morning and so should have an answer tomorrow.

All the carbon seats ordered before Christmas have shipped - it's just the grp with edges that i'm waiting on. I have them without edges The week off at Christmas and the week of Autosport hasn't helped lead times through the factory.

Regards

David.

Adrian

Your seats will be ready to ship this Friday or Monday. The office will contact you tomorrow.

Regards

David

david il take a 3.5 please il drop you a mail or call

david il take a 3.5 please il drop you a mail or call

Thanks Steve.

Just to advise that I was in the warehouse last night boxing up some seats for delivery tomorrow including a carbon B3.5. Unfortunately 2 GRP were in our system as carbon !! :angry: so that was the last Carbon 3.5 in stock

I have 4 more Carbon b3.5 on back order so should receive in a couple of weeks if OK to wait.

Or if I acceptabe I have 4 GRP B3.5 in stock (which at same discount are £149 + carriage + VAT) but 0.1 kg heavier.

David

david hi, any news on my seats :yes:

regards adrian

Adrian

Just to confirm that your seats shipped on Friday.

Regards

David

• 4 weeks later...

Just to update that the carbon B3.5s will be back in stock tomorrow so three seats remain available on this offer.

Please pm me or call the office on 01732 865 635

Regards

David