Recommendation For Holiday In March.

JeffC

looking to go away end of March with the family (5 of us in total) planned on Egypt to one of the splash resorts, but was put off by the talk of sand storms that time of year and tbh the cost of £4k didnt have a great appeal :( would like to go back to Majorca as we went there a few times when the kids were younger but not sure on the weather that time of year, my youngest lad is 8 and would spend all day in the pool given the choice, so if its too cold it would be an issue. also had a look at Lanzarote which is fair bit cheaper coming in at just £1500 for us

any suggestions or recommendations , script is somewhere warm enough to get in the pool, would go self catering,or hire a villa and arrange own flights, dont want to spend crazy money as promised swmbo another holiday later in the year.

TIA Jeff.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JeffC

• Blatman

• Paul Hurdsfield - Joint Manchester AO

• Captain Colonial

I think cruises just about anywhere will be going cheap for a while ....

Malta can be quite cheap and has OK climate this time of year.

Had a similar experience with SWMBO in April last year - she needed an early break with sun, I didn't need the expense!

Ended up in the Canaries on Fuertaventura - and was pleasantly surprised as I was expecting it to be chav hell. 4 of us out of Bournemouth on Cryin Air, self catering in a very pleasant 2 bed/2 storey apartment for £1050. Weather was fine (rain on one evening) and lots to do. Off roading in buggys was a highlight.

How about Cuba ? Ive never been myself but my uncle has been a few times and says its great, and loads of classic motors still about ! Im told its relativley inexpensive too.

I cut and paste this from one holiday website

The fascinating island of Cuba has some of the best value all inclusive resorts in the world; you can have a luxury all inclusive 10 days for approximately £900, to search for the latest deals click the link at the bottom of this Caribbean section. Also, for example, the Dominican Republic has excellent all-inclusive resorts and is perfect for your hot holidays in March; the temperature peaks around midday at 27ºC to 30ºC, and the rainfall statistics are pleasing too; the Dominican Republic has just 50mm of rain per month and that usually falls at night, when you'll be sipping a rum and coke and tucking into the local cuisine! .

.I have been to the Dominican and it was great, but you need and industrial size box of imodium :arse::oops::(

Oh dear, I know I'm getting old when the prospect of traveling to somewhere hot and exotic to have the world fall out of your bottom no longer appeals. :down: would like to India one last time before booking the B&B in Eastbourne though :d not necessarily a budget family destination, though, sorry :blush:

Canaires... Stay away from anywhere called Playa de las Americas and you shold avoid most of the "traditional" holiday makers. The canaries have plenty of interesting things to do and see. Volcano's feature heavily but there's art, underground caverns and of course the nude beaches!

The roads are great too, decent Westfield territory and great for ragging the hire car.

I've been to Fuerteventura (Corralejo, north of the Island) Lanzarote and Tenerife. All have good beaches and good climate all year round. I'm going to go back just for the local dish of Canarian Potato's ;)

I've done self catering, hotels and villa hire. With a family I reckon if you can find a villa with a pool that's not to far from the beach you'd have a good time. Or of course there are plenty of decent hotels. I partcularly like the H10 chain. Good facilities and activities for adults and children alike. Half board is my usual choice when looking for a hotel...

If you are looking to stay in this country Center Parks is a good shout. However read the post "What on earth is BC Coming To first. It may change your mind."

Might not be good if you have kids kicking about :t-up:

Pal of mine highly recommended Adeje in Tenerife after his hol there last year - reckons it's quite classy and civiised by Canaries standards. Haven't been there yet but intend to give it a go. Majorca definitely too cold in March unless you're happy for your gentleman's bits to disappear into your chest cavity when you jump in the pool. The weather can be iffy in the Canaries in March sometimes though.

We almost always go for a direct booked villa with pool and sort flights separately. Not much (if at all) dearer than a (decent) package if you are prepared to do it that way.

isn't there a WSCC member that rents out a villa in Cyprus (Uncle Fester ?) ?? think its serendipity villa a google should reveal

Somewhere in the Middle East where they buy women and children for cash. The holiday would then be self-funding, and you'd have a peaceful flight home. Negoiate well and you could retire. :laugh:

Canaries or Sharm El Sheik if you want warm swimming weather, should be mid to high 20's in these 2 resorts. No sandstorms in Sharm as it's in the Sinai peninsular but you'll struggle to a package For £1500 for 5. The Canaries are your best bet especially Lanzarote, more family things to do on this island.. Air fares have suffered a big hike recently so will be hard to find something that fits your budget and is warm.

How about 1st March fly to Vegas for 4 nights, then fly to San Francisco for 3 nights, then pick up a car and drive down to Monterey for 4 nights, the drive to Three Rivers for the Sequoia National park (think big trees) for 3 nights, then drive to Pismo Beach for 3 nights, the drive to Santa Monica for 3 nights, then drive to San Diego for 4 nights, then fly to Vegas hop on a Jumbo and fly back home.

How does that sound?