• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Le Mans 2002

ade

I'm game, and I'd like to trek to LeMans 2002.

Already been asjed this by some other Northants Members so I think we got us a convoy.

Can someone keep anote of names interested so that we can send up to date info (and decoy info to the ones on their way to Coventry - whats all that about) to everyone interested.

I would be more than happy to E-Mail / Mail details around to everyone.

I think we got us a Convoy.

Does anyone have the Weather forecast for that weekend ?

Convoy huh!

I'd better dig out my CB and keep an eye out for "the bear in the air"!

mmmm, a convoy of testosterone filled males each beliving they have the fastest car travelling to the biggest motor race in the world?

I'm in! :devil:

• 2 weeks later...

So, what's the score with organising Le Mans then? I just called Just Tickets and Le Houx campsite is already full  :0

This scuppers my plans as the missus needs somewhere with proper facilities...

There are shed loads of campsites with full facilities within reasonable range of the track  :)

When I camped I just turned up on speck and got somewhere with clean showers, loos, shop everything down at Le Lude.

Personally I prefer not being on the circuit doorstep - but each to his own.  :p

Just do it and worry when you get there  :D

Unless your Missus is a serious petrolhead, the lack of facilities would be the least of her worries at Le Houx! If you don't mind being a few K's away from the circuit, then look for a gite (or is it gitte?) on the outskirts. If you camp, it doesn't really matter where you are, it'll be fairly grim come Saturday night ('specially if the weather is as ****e as it was this year). I personally pitch up in Bleu car park (yes car park) and camp there. Facilities aren't good, but if you don't mind queueing, you can get clean etc, just avoid eating curries........  :0

Blatters

Just ensure I can fill my watertank up somewhere, so I can get the nice hot water from my shower  :D  and yes the waste tank will get dumped somewhere en Francais  :p . Its tradition.   :p  See ya there.

Blue car park has plenty of free fresh water. This year there were even enough bogs to go round too :0 I'll be up at your place for a shower though ;)

Have you ever tried Red car park just up the road from Tetre Rouge. I parked up there in 95 - It was a lot quieter (if u want any sleep) and yet still within staggering distance  :) There were only half a dozen camping there in 95 - just another option if everythings filling up  :cool:

Red has been packed to bursting the last few years.......Besides, I go with some ACO members, so access to the ACO showers and members enclosure is higher on my list of priorities than sleep  ;)

That's fine by me  :)  After a few bevvies I'll sleep anywhere  :zzz:  It's just that my snoring is far louder than any Panoz  :p  so I hope not to keep you awake  :zzz:

I always wear earplugs at Le Mans. As much as I love the cars, the racing, and the noise, I really love my hearing....... ;)  :t-up:  :zzz:

There are shed loads of campsites with full facilities within reasonable range of the track  :)

Have you got any info where they are? How to book them, etc...?

I don't fancy turning up with nowhere to stay.

• 2 weeks later...

Just dug out the info on the camp site we have stayed at for the last 2 years. It's probably about 20 mins drive through some lovely country lanes from the track so no good if you're the die hard type who has to see every minute of the race.

It does have good showers, swimming pool, restaurant and bar which closes late and the price was reasonable.

Residents are generally of the petrol head vriety at that time of year and the owner is well in the spirit of this.

Phone number is 02 43 27 51 07

There is a web site but I con't remember the URL. It's run by Castels so a search engine should turn up something.

Kevin