Essex Area Meeting

Mark (smokey mow)

Help I'm addicted to the car limits game :oops:

I think John's going to need to increase his mileage limit a bit more with all these events for this year :d:cool: :cool: :t-up:

Great, my westfields been off the road for the last 3-4 years and I really want to get it back into action this year so I'll be keeping my eye out for the events

I've just changed shift rosters and will now have a lot more free weekends so can hopefully get along to more meets/events. (although won't make feb meet 'cos, I'll be addressing my SORN-induced adrenalin deficiency by hitting the slopes).

Ben

Hi All,

I'm getting the Westfield sorted out for lots of use this year so I'm interested in both those ideas above :t-up:

Another thing I was looking at was the North Weald Activity day http://www.carlimits...&month=20120201 it's only £39 and just down the road from me. Has anyone done this before? Would anyone fancy it for one event early this year?

I've done this a couple of years ago and it is depending how many cars book in, is how long you wait around. They have a fast bend to drive round (to test your nerve in cornering), a short handling course and a longer autotest type sprint, both timed informally. If you don't do any track driving this is a way of testing yourself and your car to the limits. Doing it once is enough, I don't think a second time offers much more excitment.

How about a drive out to a Speed Series event? to support Pete, Paul and Mark W. if he's up and running.

Edited by Soot1e

I've done this a couple of years ago and it is depending how many cars book in, is how long you wait around. They have a fast bend to drive round (to test your nerve in cornering), a short handling course and a longer autotest type sprint, both timed informally. If you don't do any track driving this is a way of testing yourself and your car to the limits. Doing it once is enough, I don't think a second time offers much more excitment.

Sounds good for a first test before some trackdays then, would be more fun with a few Westfields there so let me know if anyone else is up for it and we can look at dates

Sounds good for a first test before some trackdays then, would be more fun with a few Westfields there so let me know if anyone else is up for it and we can look at dates

Yes, it's a good day if you haven't drove your Westie in anger before.

I will pop up a post for this nearer the fairer weather, would love to have a day dicking around rather than trying to get the best time.

• Like 1

I will pop up a post for this nearer the fairer weather, would love to have a day dicking around rather than trying to get the best time.

Sounds like a good plan to me :) I just need to get the winter upgrades finished first :oops: