Hello

flyingjohn

I drag race 1/8th scale. highest measured rpm on a dyno was 49500rpm. Estimations of hp are around 3hp - our cars weigh 2.8kg, making over 1000bhp per ton.

Hi Mike

We do corners as well as striaghts :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

I meant to say 600+ BHP per litre not ton

Ours weight 2.5 - 2.6 kilo

I doubt if you get anywhere near 3bp probably no more than 2.25. What engines do you run?

Dennis

I drag race 1/8th scale. highest measured rpm on a dyno was 49500rpm. Estimations of hp are around 3hp - our cars weigh 2.8kg, making over 1000bhp per ton.

Hi Mike

We do corners as well as striaghts :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

I meant to say 600+ BHP per litre not ton

Ours weight 2.5 - 2.6 kilo

I doubt if you get anywhere near 3bp probably no more than 2.25. What engines do you run?

Dennis

Hehe...figured you would react.

How much nitro do you use? We use about 60-70% nitro. It has been proven in an engine dyno: more nitro=more power across the rpm range. We are using .21 engines (Same as you), but optimised for flow. The best engines are a couple of years old, Picco KSX-R which is short stroke - newer engines are longer stroke and more optimised for "smooth" power delivery and fuel conservation which is the opposite of what we want. Also using slider carbs instead of the normal roller carbs as they give faster response.

We are currently building our own dyno. Will do some testruns next weekend  :cool:

We are actually a group of gearheads in Sweden who do this (we're about 10 today), and we have our own strip, 3.8x100m  :love: that was laid down about 5 years ago.

But after having acquired my Westfield, there's less time for the rc-dragsters, so in my case, I'm turning more towards the real thing that can also handle curves  :0

Ok you got me goin :D

We only run 25% as allowed by rules in UK and Europe.

We run Novarossi engines with slider carbs, tuned 2 chamber pipes and INS box air filter to reduce noise levels. 85db at 1 metre.

I would be interested to see your dyno results and a piccy/spec of the actual dyno. We are playing around with engines at the mo. Usual stuff, knife edge crank, gas flow, timing and piston lightening.

Any tips? you can email or PM me if you would rather. As I have already hijacked your welcome thread ???

:t-up:

Ok you got me goin :D

We only run 25% as allowed by rules in UK and Europe.

We run Novarossi engines with slider carbs, tuned 2 chamber pipes and INS box air filter to reduce noise levels. 85db at 1 metre.

I would be interested to see your dyno results and a piccy/spec of the actual dyno. We are playing around with engines at the mo. Usual stuff, knife edge crank, gas flow, timing and piston lightening.

Any tips? you can email or PM me if you would rather. As I have already hijacked your welcome thread ???

:t-up:

The software for the dyno is far from finished (takes time when not having the funds to purchase competence - we have to learn ourselves to program or rely on the good will of those who can). All this means that I can't delivery anything reliable, only stories of measurements made 10 years ago (when we were at around 3hp something).

Actually, a 1/8th IC car is faster down the strip than we are, mostly because of smaller rotational inertia (small light wheels) and less weight. A thumb rule is that every 0.1kg less weight equals about 0.1s off the 0-50m dash. We can get our cars lighter, but to keep costs in check, all of us have to add about 100grams or so of extra weight. We know we can go much faster, that isn't really the problem.

Maybe we will have some new results in spring (winter season is garage-time :) ), so check our website then http://www.welcome.to/mtfa .