• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hilux

• Blatman

• Mark Stanton

• SteveD

What happened to the Cobra then?

Anyway, I think it has already been mentioned but the old SD1 gearbox is the LT77. This gearbox was also used in LandRovers & Range Rovers for a number of years (which is where I know it from). The R380 was the successor to this.

The LT77 is basically a 4 speed box, the 5 speed units have the 5th gear added on almost as an after thought. The R380 is based on the same design though overall it's a stronger box (I think the 380 signified the amount of torque it's designed to take). The R380 has a number of known niggles but as long as you've got the cross drilled final drive gear and you run it on fully synthetic engine oil, it should be OK. BTW - You've also got the option of running an oil cooler on the box too.

Mark.

hello mr hilux...

what year is it?

I have a feeling the rear suspension may actually be triumph based?! which probably isnt going to cheer you up much.... :)

as for 'they' allowing you in their forums, i wouldnt bother, been trying for about two years.... still no sign of acceptance or a decent insult...  

i have a g27 build manual knocking about if you want need one, it has details of the live axle set up as well as the later sierra irs set-up. Ill dig it out and see if its any help....

was that the car that was for sale in the w yorks area?

What happened to the Cobra then?

Hi Mark

Howya doin, got a westy yet ???

Decided to go for a Ginetta when I saw a V8 :p thrashing a few westys at Donnington. (so did a fisher fury :0 )

Decided to get a `nice` one that needs tlc/upgrading rather than a finished one.

Speak soon

Paul  :p

hello mr hilux...

what year is it?

1996 registered 1997

I have a feeling the rear suspension may actually be triumph based?! which probably isnt going to cheer you up much....

Live axle parallel trailing arms, coil over shock, gonna improve or try and go IRS

as for 'they' allowing you in their forums, i wouldnt bother, been trying for about two years.... still no sign of acceptance or a decent insult...

NOOOOOOO......they insult me with huge confidence and ability  :D

i have a g27 build manual knocking about if you want need one, it has details of the live axle set up as well as the later sierra irs set-up. Ill dig it out and see if its any help....

OOOOOOhhhh yes please, give me a ring on 07967 554847

was that the car that was for sale in the w yorks area?

Yes, Wakefield, bl**** miles away  

:D

Yours looks good, is it a G27 or G4

Dont tell the wife but I`m going aeroscreen too  :p  :blush:  :blush:

Roll bars, mines got head rests moulded into body  :p are they easy to fit..............................

........................ooops wrong forum MR Stanton will be along soon.

Keep in touch

Regards

Paul

Good to see you've got another car!

I'll give you a call and come and have a butchers!

Wildcard entry in the Speed Series?!

Possibly but I have to take it apart first and see what I`ve got.

It is awfully, awesomely f*****g quick though, you must have a go (its got a radio and everything) :p

It *must* be a 27. G4's are rear engined, IIRC, and I doubt there's enough at the back of a G4 for an eight banger........

still no sign of acceptance or a decent insult...  

See other posts - Looks like I've gained some experience in posting insults  :D  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:  :D

Well ................ when are you gonna join the WSCC then  :D  :D  :D if you've been around here 2 years  :D  :D

It *must* be a 27. G4's are rear engined, IIRC, and I doubt there's enough at the back of a G4 for an eight banger........

You might be right, it was the aeroscreen that intrigued me me :blush:

(I think Blatters knows everything about everything, cant someone give him a test on something he doesnt know........................like how to grow a prize winning marrow, why are your socks always inside out when you go to put them on, when youve washed up why is there always a teaspoon left.........................)

G4

g4.jpg

See other posts - Looks like I've gained some experience in posting insults          

Mark, forget it mate, we can all see it was'nt intended. :)  :)  :)

B

Howya doin, got a westy yet

Doin' well thanks and yes I've now got a Westie.  :D

It's a '96 SEiW with the 2.0 XE on 45s with the type 9 box. It's got some bits that need sorting so I've already started pulling it to pieces... ???:D

Mark

Mark, forget it mate, we can all see it was'nt intended.

Thanks Brian ............. all except one maybe  :devil:  :D  :D  :D

Who let in all these Ginettas then  :D  :devil:  :D  :devil:

I do like the one that Hilux posted a piccie of  :blush:  :blush:  :D  :D  :D  (Should I really admit to that  :)  )

Well Blatters was *nearly* right. That G4 is deffo front engined, although there probably isnt room for an 8 banger in the back...... :D  ;)  :p  :t-up:  :devil:  :D

:blush:

Possibly getting my G4's mixed up with my G12's.........

I have a cold, so my brain has clearly been addled...... :0  :p  :D

Oh, BTW, prize winning marrows are easy. LOTS of water. Same for melons....

Socks thing is just sods law.....

I have a dishwasher.......

:D  :D  :D