Friday's the day!

Matta

Can't wait until tomorrow! Am flying down to collect my 'replacement' Westie from Worthing on the south coast and driving it back to Scotland.

So if you happen to be on the A24/A23/M23/M25/M40/M6/M74/A74/M8 etc.. and see a wee yellow Westie in the rain, give me a wave!  :D  :D  :D

Matt

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Matta

• lippydave

• frag68

• Cleggy the Spyder Man

Very pleased for you after your drama earlier this year - no smart A*** jokes, just drive home safe and enjoy every minute.

Hope you start nice and early, that's a journey I wouldn't want to attempt on a Bank Holiday Friday!  But the drive through the Lake District should be glorious.

Don't forget the M42 - are you taking the M6 Toll?  Might be an idea, rather than the M6 through Birmingham or the M5 for that matter.  Of course, the greedy part of me might suggest you go M5 and swing by Kingswinford to pick up some goodies...

Thanks Capt'n. Smart-A*** jokes are always appreciated though!

I'm flying down on the red-eye, so hope to be starting the drive up late morning. Yes, the M42 & M6 Toll are part of the plan - alternative will be the M1 if M40 looks bad.

Cheers,

Matt

That's one heck of a days Westy run , looks as if the worst weather will be  on east coast so you could be lucky  :t-up:

Hope you have a safe journey  :)

Thanks Capt'n. Smart-A*** jokes are always appreciated though!

I'm flying down on the red-eye, so hope to be starting the drive up late morning. Yes, the M42 & M6 Toll are part of the plan - alternative will be the M1 if M40 looks bad.

Cheers,

Matt

M40 to M42 to M5 to M6 is usually a reasonable alternative to the M40-M42-M6-toll.

The M40 gets a wee bit knotted right at the junction with the M42 from around 12.30 on a typical Friday, but most of the congestion is heading eastbound on the M42 (towards the NEC).

If you head west instead over to the M5 and up to the M6, it's usually not too bad going northbound on a Friday, (even bank holiday), it slows a little between M5J1 to M6 J8 but not normally too bad.

I'll keep my peepers peeled for a bright yellow Westie driven by a man sporting a large grin.... :D  :D  :t-up:

Can a Westy get under the M6 Toll barriers? Mine used to get under the ones for the car park at work. I had great fun with passengers driving under it.

Thats a long way to go, had mine trailored home and that was only half the distance, makes me feel like a softie.   Have a good day driving.

Can a Westy get under the M6 Toll barriers? Mine used to get under the ones for the car park at work. I had great fun with passengers driving under it.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Glad to hear you've got another car. Hope you'll post up some pics once you've dried it off after driving home.

Hope the weather is better than forecast for you.

Matta,

I hope yours is comfier than mine. In June I made an epic trip from Glasgow to Dover on one day and then onto Le Mans the following day and my back and erse were numb by the time I got there. I had super June weather as well which included wind (not from me), rain , hail, thunder and lightning and sunshine, all in the same day.

Whats the worst that can happen. You get wet, but you soon dry off.

I also went to Darlington in February to collect my Westy, so its amazing what we do for these cars.

Anyway have a safe journey and see you at Bo'ness.

Fraser

have a safe trip m8 - the main things is to get it home in one piece (that includes yourself too)

I shall be thinking of you whilst at Cottesmoore with the lads getting drenched  :bangshead:  :t-up:  :cool:

Can't wait until tomorrow! Am flying down to collect my 'replacement' Westie from Worthing on the south coast and driving it back to Scotland.

So if you happen to be on the A24/A23/M23/M25/M40/M6/M74/A74/M8 etc.. and see a wee yellow Westie in the rain, give me a wave!  :D  :D  :D

Matt

Why not go up the east coat and pass by the WSCC track day tomorrow.

You could always stop over somewhere.

You wont want to get home too early ;-)

In a west I would be tempted by the M40 A43 M1 A50 then M6. That said I would say why use the motorway.....you have all day and night to get back

I shall be thinking of you whilst at Cottesmoore with the lads getting drenched  :bangshead:  :t-up:  :cool:

Will you stop putting the mockers on it please ;)