• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Skid lid or not

chumley-warner

hi

woudnt worry about stones with some proper impact resistance sunglasses oakely etc,but if your out for a blast and (cough) pressing on i would really recomend a full face lid as pidgeons,seagulls ! and even sparrows will really hurt and mess your day up .... :(

hth

Barney

ps mint car or what.......... :love:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chumley-warner

• Buzz Billsberry

• furtive

• Barry Ashcroft

:D:d:D:d

OK so I have taken delivery of said vehicle now.

Under 60mph there is no need for skid lid I feel provided I give cars in front a nice lead time.

Above and it's it lid city or I simply cannot keep my eyes open from the wind. I can do it for a bit, but it is very hard work.

But never mind that, what newbies in here really want to know is this:

I have driven the car from 11am till 7pm with stops for fuel and food, but not much else.

I am covered in oil, fuel, flies, spiders, grit and I am smiling all over my face!

The car is very powerful, I stopped twice for fuel (man that V8 is thirsty!;), both times at least one person came over to me to ask about the car. Men in lorries / vans give me thumbs up all round the M-way. Schoolboys pointing and staring - and even full grown women like it and ask for a lift!!!

Good god I never got that in 3 years of TVR ownership!! Even the wife likes it (she doesn't know about the bit above mind!;)

Perhaps I should just put it down to a sunny day??

What were your first times like??

I simply cannot keep my eyes open from the wind

I know that feeling  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:  :D  :D  :devil:

Glad you're enjoying it  :D  :D  :D

Have you sent off your WSCC membership form yet  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :D  :blush:  ;)

Welcome to V8 westie world.People do not realise how fast these car are I have owed all sorts of fast cars and nothing comes close.I came back from donington down the fosse lovely road when quiet, still cannot believe the accelaration of my car from 80 in fourth surley this much fun has to be illegal. ;)

Enjoy your car if ever down the southwest give me a call

Barry

I simply cannot keep my eyes open from the wind

I know that feeling  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:  :D  :D  :devil:

Glad you're enjoying it  :D  :D  :D

Have you sent off your WSCC membership form yet  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :D  :blush:  ;)

Membership application has finally been posted this morning. I am hoping to go the Essex meet on Sunday if the weather permits. How do people with aeroscreens cope with rain? Is it the same as I foresee it? Leave car in garage and go to pub!

:p

As my car isnt road legal I cant share in your long duration driving experiences but having tested it on a local industrial estate I can concur about the visibility thing, Im currently looking around for a Motocross visor/goggles so that I can at least see when driving along at warp 12 and thus not having to Use the Force ;)