sky get f1

SteveD

I wonder what is going to happen in Europe ?

Can you get it on Eurosport ? as might have to get the satellite dish point for that. Not paying SKY under any circumstances  :bangshead:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• echoz

• Mark Stanton

• lippydave

• SteveD

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to watch F1 from about 5mins before the start to the finish.  I think, maybe wrongly, that all the pre-start stuff is just fluff.  I'm probably also making the mistake of thinking the longer the show the more it will cost.

Am I right??

Rory's Dad

It will all fall apart when Bernie finds Murdoch has been tapping his phone  :D

Good to read so many genuine comments and an interest in F1 and watching it  :)  :)  :) but sadly F1 is not run by or for genuine motorsport fans and enthusiasts as much as we would all like to think it is  :(  :(   ......... it is simply a high profit making business and as such deals are done to boost the profits and bank balances ....... and thats all that matters  :(  :(  ;)

Picture from the Daily Mail

Apt?

Did he trip over a pile of his cash and hit his face on his gold reserve??

Sky have said that, for 2012 at least, they won't run adverts during the race.

Clicky

Doesn't matter, still won't watch it on Sky in my home.

the only reason i would change to sky is if i moved and couldnt keep my virgin. the f1 wont bring me over.

its no suprise really... just the same as the cricket but with a much more popular sport i guess. it wont kill of the interest in f1 tho. is it only here that sky will be broadcasting f1? if it is or in other countries also. if you alreay have to pay for the f1 in those countries or its still free then i cant see how losing some of the fans for some of the races here will have any effect on f1.

ive always seen sky as a rip off. you pay a subsciption service to get decent tv and then you also have to pay per view for the best stuff... nuts???

its a shame to see it off the beeb but its no supprise as the unique way its funded is just a saying for we have no money to do stuff.

Do the people who won't pay for Sky also leave their cars in the garage because they think petrol is a rip off?

its the principle, pay 30 quid a month just to watch the f1 once or twice a month. why should we have to pay to watch sport? ???

why should we have to pay to watch sport?

You mean to say you have never been to watch your favourite team/player/driver at an event that you have paid at the gate to enter ??

the only live sport ive seen is a couple yeovil town and plymouth argyle football matches when i was still in primary school, a 20twenty cricket match with secondary school. i dont follow much sport, bar the f1. i will be going to watch one of the ashes tests when i have the spare money for travel + tickets etc. and i want to go see a grand prix live as well one day :)

my point was merely that it has been free for so long, feels unjust to change it. plenty of young people (say in the early teens) who follow F1 whos parents wont fork out the extra money for sky sports, will miss out now. was the same with me with the cricket when i was younger, used to love spending a weekend on the sofa watching a test match, very much so with teh ashes (i remember being forced to go outside in the sun when one of the tests was on, so i snuck back in to get my fix :D ) although im not a fan of football, there are millions of kids who are... who have to settle for motd on a saturday night (if you can blag the permission to stay up late) likewise with the champions league. see my point? just thinking aloud :)

F1 isn't free at the moment - we all have to pay a TV licence whether we watch BBC or not - is that right ??

F1 is a huge lucrative business  ;) first and foremost - you me and everyone that isn't a shareholder don't count for jack  :(