sky get f1

SteveD

A shame indeed, but every cloud has a silver lining...........possibly proper coverage of Motogp with less mucking about with the red button, and maybe a return of WSB?

P.S. Bring back Suzie

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• echoz

• Mark Stanton

• lippydave

• SteveD

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, it's not happening.

Sky Sports is a rip off and i'm not paying - they already have a fair wedge from me too.

If the F1 was on it's own dedicated channel for perhaps £20-30 a year, no adverts - i'd sign up.

But when you are paying (March to November) the equivalent of £160 for sh1te you'll never watch...NO.

The Internet and R5 Live looks like the way to dodge this bullet methinks

greedy little git.

Who can you possibly mean I wonder... ???

:p

All commercial aspects to one side for a moment.

I like F1 but I'm not an F1 anorak. However I have to say that the BBC's coverage is absolutely spot on, the recent coverage of Silverstone (in particular), was really brilliant, especially with the little background skits in the London docks with the Mclaren drivers and Brundle.

The only times for me that Sky have ever got motorsport done in a similarly professional manner was in the early '90s with their coverage of WSBK with Keith Huewen and Julian Ryder.

Most of what they've done since isn't a patch on either ITV or BBC's coverage of F1.

Surely this is simply down to Ecclestone and his commercial cohorts milking and wringing every single dollar out of F1......When is enough, enough for the poison dwarf?

Looks like I will be watching less F1. Which is a shame because the BBC have made a good of their coverage. I will NEVER subscribe to SKY s***e.

SWMBO once took up their offer of a free trial of all packages for three months in exchange for £50 M&S vouchers. When she tried to cancel it took hours on the phone being passed around their call centre. She managed to cancel eventually and guess what? We didn't get the free vouchers! SKY no thanks!

As I see it Murdoc has been canny here. Half the races will also be shown live on Free to air (BBC) and the rest will be highlights hence avoiding the wrath of the EU. So we will still get a fix but not the one we get now.

By doing this it keeps sponsers happy, placate fans and allows the BBC to show restraint in these hard times. If you have followed this the budget the BBC spend on F1 is more than they spend on BBC4 in total, which is seen as important. we need to face facts motorsport is a minority interest, there was more complaints because Antiques Roadshow was interrupted because of a race running over.

I too hate the control Murdoch and his empire have over everyone and do not give one penny knowingly to him.

Maybe BBC will invest money into coverage of real racing  :D  :D  :devil:  :D

Speed Series?  :p

won;t pay for what is meant to be FTA.

greedy little git.

Actually quite annoyed about this this morning...

+1 !

Totally p****d off with this. Have really enjoyed the coverage this year, and always find myself looking forward to f1 weekends, yet another punch in the ribs. Hopefully we can get decent coverage of MOTO gp now instead.

It was inevitable this was going to happen have the full sky monty so not really bothered just hope they keep the full F1 team together.

On a plus F1 in 3D......

Think this is a real shame. The BBC team have been making brilliant coverage recently, and if the figures are to be believed they are getting more people than ever tuned into f1 which is surely a good thing.

Moving over to sky where you will be forced to pay to watch a race with adverts every half an hour is going to put a lot of people including myself off watching it.

As already sad above, who's going to want to watch half a season of f1 on the BBC. I think bernies going to be more unpopular that usual after this.

What I'm interested in is... what half?  Do the BBC get good races in addition to Silverstone such as the glitzy Monaco GP and Brazilian GP, or rotten dull ones like this week's Hungarian GP?

Count me as another person not putting money into Sky to watch advert-filled races.

Only info released so far is that the beeb will get silverstone, monaco and final race of the season.