sky get f1

SteveD

The general opinion is that people won’t pay for sky sports, but do these people have a 'normal' sky package? In which case some of your monthly fee is going towards paying for F1 and you still won’t be able to watch...bummer.

I do not have sky at all and will not be getting sky just for the F1, am just slightly annoyed about not being able to watch all the races, so a few will have to do.

BUT here's hoping that the BBC will put some other motor sport on DTM, more rallying, more bike racing, they need to find something that will attract people who don’t want to give either of those two money grabbing so-n-so's money.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• echoz

• Mark Stanton

• lippydave

• SteveD

Top Posters In This Topic

The general opinion is that people won’t pay for sky sports, but do these people have a 'normal' sky package? In which case some of your monthly fee is going towards paying for F1 and you still won’t be able to watch...bummer.

I do not have sky at all and will not be getting sky just for the F1, am just slightly annoyed about not being able to watch all the races, so a few will have to do.

BUT here's hoping that the BBC will put some other motor sport on DTM, more rallying, more bike racing, they need to find something that will attract people who don’t want to give either of those two money grabbing so-n-so's money.

:durr:  exactly my feelings.

Got nothing to do with ordering Sky and then visiting to fit dish 4 times before they admitted I can't get it of course  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

BBC still have Monaco and Silverstone live though... May be just be the really early ones they'll cut which they may reshow a few hours later?

or am I being too optimistic!  :p

Get them to do speed series cos its more interesting than F1

Used to be on TV many years ago ;)  :oops:

Hmmm..... this must be the WSCC

Don't worry, someone will be along soon with a bulk buy for transistors, wire and panel bashing kit and guess what , we can all build our own satelite kit without having to give any money to a nasty ex -australian    :p  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

I'm joining this thread a bit late in the day but I was very suprised this morning when I head the news on the radio.  I admit to being a big motor-racing fan and regularly watch the F1 live even though I'm not such a fan of the current Playstation cars but a shift to sky would not be enough to make me get a satalite set-up.

For the same price as a month of sky I can have a day out to Brands or Snetterton and watch some much more exciting racing. :t-up:

Another No vote from me, don't have Sky as I am always too busy to get my monies worth out of it.

The sportwill lose out as Mercedes etc decide that they are not getting enough coverage and pull out of F1.

As soon as I hear Murdoch's name I get hacked off :(

i wont be able to afford to watch them after losing my job  but im sure the greedy bankers will!!!!

F1 isn't free at the moment - we all have to pay a TV licence whether we watch BBC or not - is that right ??

F1 is a huge lucrative business  ;) first and foremost - you me and everyone that isn't a shareholder don't count for jack  :(

very true, but if ya parents have a tele they willwant to watch it, so they will have a tv license, as a kid tv is a FOC activity :D however they are aware that sky sports costs money because when ya try go on it it says ring this number and give us your parents card details :D

and sadly this is true :down:

This situation now surley begs the question as to why the BBC is still funded by the TV licence. If they are to compete on equal terms they should be allowed, nay forced to do so. The reason the BBC finds it's self in this position is simple, they are wasteful, elitist and self indulgent.

At the last olympics they sent twice as many staff as any other TV company. They pay huge sums of money to the likes of Graham Norton, Jonathon Ross when he was there, they have so many levels of management which time after time have treated the BBC as their own theifdom. If this was sorted out there would be no problem to find the cash to keep F1 and to fund all the other things.

death of F1   RIP

The only way I would get SKY is if they broadcast a weekly live operation involving Bernie Eccleston and a large red hot poker  :sheep: