The New Westfield Project - one year on......

fatbaldbloke

Don't forget the output from your charger will not be steady DC and could cause strange results with electronic bits and pieces .

( output is most likely simple rectified AC)

That's a very good point. I didn't want to test with the battery proper in case there were any major issues. Now that I'm confident it's more or less good-to-go the next step is to connect up the battery. That will be a much more representative test. I just need to make up a couple of battery leads first. I also braved hypothermia tonight and plumbed in the fire extinguisher. I'll get on with the battery leads tomorrow provided I can get to the garage through the snow!

Wiring is finished, coolant added and checked for leaks, fuel tank fitted...only one thing to do, will it start???

First attempt (at starting, and taking a video, and loading it to youtube, and pasting it into here....!)

I noticed the fuel pressure disappearing. I'd been very frugal with the amount of fuel I'd added, so popped in another half gallon. Importantly the oil pressure light went out almost immediately the engine fired. So, second attempt:

It ran long enough to note that the fuel pressure was set at around 20 psi, so I tweaked it up to 42 psi, and here it is running a treat. It's showing around 60psi oil pressure at idle and at 70 degrees the water pump cut in (which was the temp I set) and all looks good. Here it is, third run:

Next, onto the internal panelling which I shall be making myself in carbon (when the garage warms up a bit).

• Like 1

Well done, must make all the effort worth while to hear it purring after all the hard work :t-up: :t-up:

Just read right through your thread and I have to say your wiring looks incredibly tidy. Soon be finished. Well done.

Bob :yes:

looking good :t-up: :t-up: :t-up:

It's showing around 60psi oil pressure at idle

in case this is ur first busa dont be alarmed if it drops to 5 psi once the oil is hot its normal :suspect: :suspect: :suspect::yes:

in case this is ur first busa dont be alarmed if it drops to 5 psi once the oil is hot its normal

Thanks Jeff, appreciate that. It is my first BEC and a complete voyage of discovery from start to finish. Just love the noise though already!

Bled the clutch tonight and did a bit of measuring up so I can sort out an exhaust mount. Should start laying up some of the interior carbon panels at the weekend.

Nice to see it coming along so well. :d :d :d

You wait till you drive it, you'll like the engine noise and sequential change even more :cool:

looking good :t-up: :t-up: :t-up:

in case this is ur first busa dont be alarmed if it drops to 5 psi once the oil is hot its normal :suspect: :suspect: :suspect::yes:

Even with the aftermarket uprated oil pump gear :oops::d

Even with the aftermarket uprated oil pump gear :oops::d

yeh tried that one too :d think the low oil pressure was one of my first techie busa posts, thought the engine was goosed :blush: have seen the same question asked time and time again since :d :d