The New Westfield Project - one year on......

fatbaldbloke

As some of you know, the original FBB Westie has migrated to the north. In order to redress the balance the new project has made it's way south. Here are a few first pictures.
It's a well known car, built and competed successfully by Nick Algar in the early 2000's. My aim is to convert it to road and occasional track use. I'll take plenty of photos and post them either here or on my own website (a completely new site should be on the web in the next 3-4 weeks).
Mostly it's going to be tidying up, but amongst the more extensive mods will be an electric reverse, new dash, and a fair bit of bling carbon.
So, here's how it is right now (and many thanks to Nick for his enormous help getting it this far).

mb200711001.jpg

mb200711002.jpg

mb200711003.jpg

mb200711004.jpg

mb200711005.jpg

mb200711006.jpg

Mate, I'm pretty sure the yellow bit goes on top of the black bit ???:p

gotta love build threads, looking forward to seeing it finished mate :t-up:

Ian

Looks like a good base to build on.

Trackdays and a rebuild, I can see your handicap taking a knock.

Look forward to the updates

Chris

p.s.I have my TB's and megasquirt all working its fine tuning now, thanks for the drive in yours and help with your map details

I'm pretty sure the yellow bit goes on top of the black bit

I was wondering where that bit went...  

Such a lot to learn...

Fair bit of carbon. See you've bought a roll of carbon fibre cloth of StevieD. Whilst the body is off you going to take some moulds  :D  :cool:

Not really decided what I'm going to do yet.  I'd like the underbonnet to be really clean and tidy with as few wires and pipes on show as possible.  Probably make a carbon bulkhead and the horizontal panelling over the footwell as a minimum.  I already have a mould for the tunnel top.  I plan to have the car on the road for Easter next year, and it's a balance between meeting that target and how much I do.  There's quite a lot of work getting the reverse fitted, it's all a bit tight around the diff, and I think I'll need a bigger fuel tank if I want to go more than about 30 miles.

PS: We've had the engine fired up already and it sounds just awesome   :D

It's a Suzuki Hayabusa, freshly rebuilt by Mistral Engineering.  1300cc and around 180 bhp at 10000 rpm.

1300cc and around 180 bhp at 10000 rpm.

:cool:  :cool:  :cool:

will it pass the noise test  :t-up:

edit fert spellin  :t-up:

Where's the surcharger gone?

That's still with Nick.  I scare easier than he does!

Good to see it stopped raining :D:D

Looking forward to seeing Ian restoring it to it's former glory :D:D it did look pretty and shiny, till I went sprinting with it :blush:  :blush:

will it pass the noise test

No idea, but I suspect not!  Just another hurdle to be crossed at some time...